"View Item", etc. is suddenly back???

I'm wondering why I can now see all the usual transaction details on everybody else's FB pages again, including the "View Item" links, which work as before.  

Did eBay have a crisis of conscience because of all the backlash and decide to put everything back the way it was, or are they just having fun messing with our minds?  Or perhaps some young eager beaver at eBay flipped the switch too soon? 

I assume everybody else can see these details now too, or am I somehow suddenly elevated to administrative status? Woman Very Happy

Questions, questions, always questions about what's going on here.  Very bizarre. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"I assume...."

I am sure you know the meaning of "assume" by now. Smiley Happy

When I look at your feedback page, I see links to listings for feedback posted up to October 31st, and no link for recent feedback (November).

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Well, I don't know Pierre, I'm flabbergasted (love that word!) -- I can see all your recent transaction details (including "View Item"), right up to those of today (Nov. 5th), and everybody else's that I've looked at.  

I know, I should give up trying to figure out what's happening on this site.  It's like a shape-shifting monstrosity lately.  I think I'll go stick my head in a bucket of ice water...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"I assume...."

I am sure you know the meaning of "assume" by now. Smiley Happy

When I look at your feedback page, I see links to listings for feedback posted up to October 31st, and no link for recent feedback (November).

That would be a result of the November ones are feedback AS A BUYER!

The View Item link is back but the user names are  x****y (which is fine with me).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@recped wrote:

Right you are.  And yet -- get this -- I can't see my own transactional details as a buyer when I look at my own FB page.  I'm shaking my head typing this.  Just plain goofy.  Where's that bucket?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@recped wrote:

Right you are.  And yet -- get this -- I can't see my own transactional details as a buyer when I look at my own FB page.  I'm shaking my head typing this.  Just plain goofy.  Where's that bucket?

Yeah that would be "collateral damage"! A few people have made mention of this and how they often/sometimes need to locate a seller they bought from before by skimming their feedback received as a buyer. I know I've done this to find a seller I bought toner from when I wanted to buy more from the same seller.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply