"Visa/Mastercard" Option on eBay -ignored by eBay & SUPER FRUSTRATED!!!!!

fedant
Community Member
Ok, how many of you accept VISA and NOT Mastercard?

eBay seems to think they are the same card....the only way I can say I accetp Visa is to choose teh "Visa/Mastercard" option..since when are they the same company???? ebay distinguishes between Discover & American Express, so why not separate Visa/Mastercard????

Anyone else furstrated by buyers saying "But it says you accept Mastercard?!" (Or vice versa for those of you who accept only Mastercard) and having to explain that eBay doesn't give us the option to display we only accept one or the other?????

I clearly state we accept Visa, but it doens't dawn on people that the "VISA" logo I display might mean I only accept Visa.....If I accepted Mastercard too I woudl slap a Mastercard logo up there, too.......

I have emailed & emailed eBay aobu tit to no avail.....anyone else gettting ticked off about it???

They also seem to be pushing this "Checkout" thing & now my customers are extra frustrated, because they are mailing payments for my auctions that state what the shipping is, and then they get our personally emailed invoice that states we can accept only the pink edged postal MO's...We should be able to opt out of the checkout feature, I think!!! I'm starting a thread for that, too, so check it out & reply regarding Checkout in that thread & not this one......
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

acurael
Community Member
Good point - they should be seperate.

Sure Visa is the most popular one but why limit your customer's payment options? I accept all 4 cards...

Do you need to check off the box? Just put the Visa logo and/or some text in the body of the listing - that'd work no?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

fedant
Community Member
Been there, done that......The problem with putting just the log in is that, believe it or not, some people assume I do not take Visa, simply because Visa is not indicated up top.........Some people don't pan down the listing to check for payment info.....a littel laziness, I guess.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
In the US, the Banks can give you VISA or Mastercard, unlike Canada where our banks represent either one o the other. As a result, in the US as a Merchant you automatically handle both cards for one monthly fee plus useage charges. In Canada you pay a VISA service charge and a Mastercard/AMEX monthly service charge.

Another reason we can't be competitive in Canada with our American counterparts. government interventions supposedly protecting us.

Statistics on VISA is over 75% of all credit card transactions are done with VISA.

Malcolm
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

brownboxit
Community Member
Fedant I can sympathize, this has been a running complaint on the us board for a long time
Message 5 of 5
latest reply