search result not working right?

so I was looking to see as I would of expected to sell more but haven't ..

Epic blu ray

When I type in epic blu ray  or just epic is comes up but when I refine to Blu ray it is gone with the wind ..

Blu ray is in title ,in ebay generic item details and is in my own personal description ..

Does anyone see something I am not or is this something wrong on ebays side of things
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I typed in Blu ray and got a quarter million hits. Why would anyone search that way?

Something I did notice, in yer title, and you have forgotten more about this genre than I will ever know, is the way you use "Blu ray". To the left, eBay has filters and they show it as "Blu-ray" with a hyphen. You use all 80 characters, goo, but, you use brackets and filler words such as "and more". Could you no put in "Blu-Ray" as well, in yer title?

I was taught "it does not matter what they search for, it matters what they buy". Under the theory, correct spelling always wins out.

Consider that I do not even know what a "Blu-ray" is, I will go back to sorting the 14 totes of car parts I bought yesterday.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks elm I should have been a little clearer ...

I type in epic blu ray ... I get a million hits just like you said ...

But when I refine with ebays searches on the left side blu ray,dvd,not specified it goes byeybye ..

On basically all my items when I refine to blu ray there are usually some of my listing in the  first few listings shown but it is not even in the blu ray category ..

I have blu ray in Title and under condition and in description and in ebay generic description ...

It has blu ray in 4 places but when I refine search using ebays search refinements it dissappears ...

Buyer wants the movie epic but the blu ray version not dvd they would refine by using the ebays refinements on the side to be rid of the DVD's to ensure they only see blu rays and this is where mine dissappears...

I am gonna change it up with your title suggestions and see what happens

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sounds like you got some sleep! 🙂
Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply