seller falsely advertising

murpaman
Community Member

I ordered 2 rings from a seller who advertised them as being silver, with the 925 stamps on it. When the items arrived, I put them on right away and about 30 minutes later i had a big green ring around my fingers! This only happens with costume items.  Because of where I work I was able to do a chemical purity test on both rings and they failed the chemical purity test!! Is there anything i can do about this?! I have contacted the seller and am waiting for a response, but the time that I have to make the claim is running out! Please help!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If time is running out, file the claim now. Either you are not giving the seller a fair amount of time to respond (like less than 24 hours) or they are trying to stall. I would advise you to file the claim and see if the seller responds then. If they do and ask you to close the dispute before you are refunded, don't do it. Do not close the dispute until you have received a full refund. You may  have to escalate the dispute to a claim so make sure you keep an eye on the dates because you have a limited amount of time in which to escalate to a claim.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If time is running out, file the claim now. Either you are not giving the seller a fair amount of time to respond (like less than 24 hours) or they are trying to stall. I would advise you to file the claim and see if the seller responds then. If they do and ask you to close the dispute before you are refunded, don't do it. Do not close the dispute until you have received a full refund. You may  have to escalate the dispute to a claim so make sure you keep an eye on the dates because you have a limited amount of time in which to escalate to a claim.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You should also be careful who you buy from. You can't get real gold and silver for the kind of money you are paying. .99 listings for the real stuff just isn't real! Sterling stamps or .925 mean nothing to some people who will gladly lead you to think it is the real thing. Also buying from the Pacific Rim comes with the very real danger of being nothing more than plated lead. Do yourself a favour buy from reputable dealers with realistic prices.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you very much. The seller finally replied and gave me a full refund!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes but being in a business where I am aware of the true cost of gold and silver, I have purchased sterling silver jewellery for low prices that do pass the chemical purity test!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply