selling a out of stock item

mxadema
Community Member

i find more and more that there are item on ebay that seller sell but dont have in hand ( out of stock, not made yet "not custom" or just dont carry no more but trie to get store credit) i get for custom item or stuff that take a day to make but for out of stock or a week long fabrication this is frustrading is there any thing that a buyer can do agains that  excpt refund

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have not encountered that, not once, so it may depend on the types of items you are buying.  One thing you could try, - when you see an item you like, you could ask the seller if she has it in stock and if it is available for mailing.

Either way, sellers have 7 days after cleared payment to get an item in the mail to you.  It's nice when they ship it right away, but they are permitted a week, - so allow them their week. 

If you need an item in a mega-hurry the seller may be willing to ship it by overnight courier or some such thing, - but you understand what that will cost, of course. 

Otherwise, one way to avoid drop-shippers is if the seller's ID is registered in one country but the item location is in another.  Same with some consignment sellers, but you may want to ask about product availability to be sure. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Sellers are not allowed to sell items that may be out of stock at the time of sale. Giving you a store credit for an out of stock item is also not allowed, they have to give you a full refund. Here is the selling practices policy.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply