shipping problem

i committed to the purchase of an item but didn't pay because i found out after that they won't ship to PO Boxes which is my only option, and the seller has now opened an unpaid case against me. the seller is fully aware that i won't pay because it can't be shipped to me, what do i do?  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

shipping problem

Say exactly that in the text box.

'refuses to accept my PO box address.'

BTW, this may be a mercy, US sellers often ship domestically by UPS, which is efficient, about the same cost, and automatically tracked and insured. But UPS (and other couriers) cannot deliver to PO boxes. The workers will not sign for the packages.

So they ask for alternate addresses.

This show an inflexible mind, since all they have to do is use USPS for shipping and the PO box problem is solved.

For Canadians this means that if the seller uses UPS (or other courier) internationally the courier will charge the buyer Canadian duty, sales tax and a whopping $25 customs brokerage fee.

So you dodged an expensive bullet.

Now.

Do you have a PO box or a supermailbox address?

If the latter add your street address to your Paypal account (don't drop the PO box though)

Or give an alternate address. Perhaps your mother's? She'd love to hear from you.

Or your work address?

If yo do not pay, you get a Strike. While most sellers have Blocks against sellers with Strikes, you can ask eBay to remove the FIRST you receive. They usually will and accept that you have learned a lesson.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply