small packet stickers to USA

About a month ago Canada Post told me to throw away all my green small packet customs labels and start using the new ones.These stickers have been discussed and shown on this discussion board. Went to the post office today and was told to throw out the new ones and start using the green ones again.I was promptly supplied with some. Said the new ones are for items valued at $500.00 Canadian or more.Nobody at CP has ever told me that before.I have shipping about 5-7 small packets per day to the States with the new stickers since they have come out.
Anyone else with this experience?
I preferred the small green ones in the first place...
rik
golfing in style
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

darlg
Community Member
Hi
I have mailing small packet mailings tomorrow at my corner ost office so I will see what they say abt the new white custom labels versus the old grreen ones, I personally like the new whte labels for the small packets.

Will let you know what they tell me tomorrow.

Dar
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

i dont think that the green ones are used anymore. i had a bunch of old green stickers that i just finished using few days ago and then went to the post office and got the new white ones. at the back of the form it says that coverage for loss or damage for up to $100 so that $500 coverage doesnt seem likely.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
According to a CP memo that went out to the outlets: the green one is used IN ADDITION to the white one where the declared value is $500 or more. The insurance maximum is still capped at $100.

It doesn't really matter which sticker you use. If you still have green ones left, use them up. From a customs stand point, there is no difference between the forms. The only reason for the change is better documentation and proof in case you file an insurance claim. As long as you still have your cash register receipt while you use the green sticker, the insurance is still valid.

Lincoln
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Well, I went back to the CP outlet this morning and spoke to the mgr.She now tells me that the information I received yesterday was wrong and that she wished her employees would read the memos which have been up for about a month. Regardless, this is today's information which seems to support what Lincoln is expressing.Use the new white ones(if you have them)on every small packet to the States.If you are sending a small packet valued at $500.00 or more,you must attach the small green one as well. Don't want to be too critical of these employees as I'm sure their job isn't an easy one dealing with Joe Public especially at this time of the year.I have shipped 100s of small packets to the States and each and every one of them has arrived.
But it would be nice to get one consistent message.Thanks for all your help and hope your upcoming week is a good one
regards
rik
golfing in style
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
Rik,

Constistent message??? From CP outlets???? ROFL! Have a quick read through some of the posts on this board. And it's not just the outlets. Try phoning and talking to a CP rep some time. Have some Valium and Prozac ready.

Lincoln
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

rd1000
Community Member
I second that!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
IF YOU SEND A SMALL PARCEL WORTH $500.00 IT DOES NOT MATTER WHICH STICKER YOU USE THE NEW WHITE ONE OR THE GREEN ONE THE INSURANCE IS STILL ONLY $100.00 COVERAGE MAXIMUM.AS FAR AS USING BOTH GREEN AND WHITE ON SAME PACKAGE FOR A PARCEL WORTH $500.00 IS PURE BALONEY!.IF YOU HAVE TO SHIP SOMETHING THAT IS WORTH $500.00 AND YOU WANT TO HAVE IT INSURED FOR THIS AMOUNT USE A BIGGER PARCEL YOU WILL PAY A BIT MORE BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE IT INSURED.AS FAR AS GETTING RIGHT INFORMATION FROM THE CP EMPLOYEES FORGET IT MOST OF THE TIME I KNOW MORE ABOUT THEIR JOB THEN THEY DO...I LOVE IT WHEN THEY CHARGE ME A SURPLUS FOR GASOLINE WHEN THE PARCEL IS GOING BY SHIP...
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

In all fairness, it is not the CP Employee's fault. It's CP itself and their policies.

I do agree that the $500 "add another sticker" idea is pure "baloney". The CP Employees I deal with agree with that as well.

John
Message 9 of 9
latest reply