sold item missing so can't ship--now what?

My item sold a couple of days ago but is now gone so I cannot honour the rest of the deal.  I am refunding the payment and will also offer the customer 10% off an item of their choice in the future.  Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rykkm
Community Member

You should also send a cancellation request to the buyer. Once they accept, and transaction is voided, you can get your final value fees back. I would also message the buyer of that item, and let them know that if you find the item, they will get first crack at it if they still are interested.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

rykkm
Community Member

You should also send a cancellation request to the buyer. Once they accept, and transaction is voided, you can get your final value fees back. I would also message the buyer of that item, and let them know that if you find the item, they will get first crack at it if they still are interested.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks a bunch, Rick. An assistant with only the best of customer service intentions sold the item to a walk-in looking for the same kind of thing, as it turns out. My fault, poor communication, in process of opening a shop so all is awry.
Many thanks for your valuable suggestion, I really appreciate it.
Cheers,
Dael
Message 3 of 3
latest reply