some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
so i'm having like REAL bad luck with shipping in the last month or two, everything seems to be like beating a dead horse, packages getting lost, mis represented quotes, packages getting damaged, the list goes on and on...all my problems with buyers stem from one reason: SHIPPING...

...so i sold item number 260169486724 oct 14, shipped oct 15...obviously, you can see how large the painting is-it was shipped in a long (six foot long tube)...well, not only did it arrive late (about a month), but this very thick tube arrived bent in half...its like someone put their foot in the middle of it to bend it because it was too long to fit somewhere...nice...so obviously, buyer emails me to let me know (after already receiving emails from her that it was taking too long)...so i contact canada post and they want her to send the package back to their damage department (anything over 200.00 is their policy now to inspect before refunding)...mind you, she needs to send this back at HER cost...nice...
...so she takes her sweet time-it takes her over two friggin weeks...this whole time, may i remind, I'M emailing HER...asking her if she still wants a refund, if she wants to keep it etc...since i wouldn't hear from her after a while...so she finally sends it off on nov 27...canada post STILL hasn't received..i've emailed her telling her the tracking system for usps shows 'attempted delivery dec 07'...i tell her she needs to find out what this means, to me, it looks like there was an attempt a week ago, and nothing else...this doesn't look good...maybe it was sent back to her again? so i let her know she needs to find out...(you can tell that i'm MUCH more worried and concerned about this whole process than she is-you would think i was the buyer)...she doesn't respond to my email, but opens a 'item significantly not as described dispute'...a few minutes later, i get another email from her going on and on like nothing has happened, and then a ps at the end...oh by the way, i had to open a dispute, i only have 60 days and i waited till the last second because i need to protect myself...nothing against you-you've been really great and helpful, but if i wait longer, i won't be protected anymore...she said a similar thing happened to her where a seller was avoiding and avoiding and making excuses and once the 'deadline' passed, never heard from him again and kept her money...
...that's nice...
..i write her back stating i've never given her any indication that i would screw her, and i never would..and she admits this, that after all the emails that i initiated (not her), she fully trusts me, yet she goes and opens this against me to 'protect herself'...

...so here's my question...this goes on my record somehow..right?
..two...i thought it was 45 days, not 60 that she can open a claim?...
...three...they won't make any rulings against me until one of us doesn't budge and canada post refuses the refund or never receives it? (note-this part is in her court, as she's the sender now)...

...thoughts? advice?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kat
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

some people...

whoscloset
Community Member
this goes on my record somehow..right?

Yes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it as there is little you can do.

i thought it was 45 days, not 60 that she can open a claim?

They are forever changing this stuff. Who knows?

they won't make any rulings against me until one of us doesn't budge and canada post refuses the refund or never receives it?

True. Sadly, I recently lost $600 when a customer shipped back an item and it was "attempted delivery" but never made it here. Apparently, "attempted delivery" is good enough for PayPal in some instances.

Monique

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
well i have an email into ebay support to ask how long she has to open it, i'm guessing if she was actually able to open it, that means it must be sixty days...
...now I'M taking charge of HER item getting to cp from the united states post office, if they don't receive it, i don't get the reimbursement cheque, and if she wins, i'm out 600.00 too! life sucks sometimes. usps tried to deliver to a canada post office, but there was no one there to answer the delivery???????? so its been sitting at a canada post office for redelivery for a week now with no attempt at redeliveries...i friggin hate canada post!
Kat
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

some people...

For an SNAD claim the time limits are

Filed via PayPal - 45 days
Filed via eBay - 60 days

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
what's the difference?? ebay/paypal....same outcome isn't it?
Kat
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

some people...

PayPal can extract the money from your account

eBay can send you a warning message and post a black mark to your file.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

some people...

bare_bright
Community Member
Hi..sorry to hear you haveing problems..that's life on ebay. yes it's 60 day's for a dispute. Also when i ship
something that is worth more than 200$ I use UPS for shipping, Since your items are hi end, I would open a UPS A/c. Yes it cost more but the shipping service and Tracking system is so well done that it amazing, CanadaPost is good and cheap for shipping LightPacket to the usa and overseas as far as releiable Tracking info with canada post once the item is out of canada forget about the tracking system, even express is wrong. I ship Big parcels to my son who lives in Iowa and use express at times and if it shows delivery date Eample: " Dec.21/07 I know it will be around 3 days later. And yes to get a insurence claim done, I gave up. I had this one seller a reg. client who sells items he buys from me, file a claim at paypal "item not received" for that item I shipped small packet int. since he had ask me for the cheapest shipping that time. "now I know why" even if he got the item the info with the tracking number for small Packets will allways show and only show "information sent electronicly" and that's it. long story short is I had to refund his $54.00 us and that was it I thought, one day after that I took a look at his site in italy and guess what "he is selling the buckles he never got" I know they 5 buckles were from me because only i have those type and to top it off he is using my photos, and in italy he is getting 3 times the price for them. what a scammer, see you never know. ok then hope it works out for you:) But you should Deff. Ship UPS for items at that price, if one is spending that kind of $ they can afford the shipping cost.
Tibor....:)
T.J.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

some people...

ciderantiques
Community Member
I agree . . . don't use Canadapost for expensive items. I had a $2000.00 item with a UK shipping address and it was lost for 3 months (long story and very stressful). I had used XpressPost. It was found, in Canada, on day 100 and personally driven to my house via a Canadapost delivery truck. I took a picture of the truck rolling in my driveway and hugged the driver! I had actually emailed the President of CanadaPost around day 80 expressing my extreme displeasure . . . and demanded a personal tour of the Toronto sorting plant. I seemed to think my intuition would find my parcel better than their entire staff. Seemed like a good idea at the time, despite the 20 million pieces of mail that go through that plant. We were actually starting to arrange a time for that visit (I was stunned that they didn't say NO). . . . and then I got my happy ending. Yes, the package was still in Canada ~ I was right about that. Now I use FedEx for those really expensive items. I even contribute to the shipping cost. Buyers respond well to my scary story. Certainty does have its Price!
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
i hear what everyone is saying...believe me, been there, done that. however, canada post is not the only cr**py shipping company out there...they all have their flaws! dhl is probably not only the worst shipping company, but the worst company i have ever dealt with of all time...i had arranged for a pick up for a very very large item (six feet by four foot wide box)...driver comes by and i'm filling out the way bill to stick in the envelope that sticks to the box...he tells me to also write the name and address of where its going on the actual box with a marker as the sticky envelopes are so easy to fall off the box(as he kindly displays for me on my own box with my own envelope)...good idea i think out loud and complete both the name on the waybill and the box. i ask him what happens when the sticky envelope with all the info actually does ever fall off the box? well, he says, it just sits in the plant forever....no one knows what to do with them...oh...isn't that cute...
but its a good thing you've written the address on it in big black writing!...so he leaves and i start thinking in the back of my mind...gee...wonder if he 'loosened' that stickiness when he did his 'display' for me by ripping off the window and then putting it back on...no...it won't happen...those are just rare cases he says...
...it happened...
...delivery was to be scheduled three days later...after a week, tracking system still shows sitting in ottawa plant...so i call to put a trace on it...i have to tell you, it took ONE MONTH later, AFTER the initial phone call to find that package, and it had to be escalated to the 'supervisor' in order to get some action...the way bill had fallen off, and there was this humungous box that everyone, everyday would just walk by, and not bother to ask anyone if there are any claims for a missing box, no one bothered to call the phone number on the face of the box, because, as admitted by one of their reps, they just don't care...
...i got sooo agitated dealing with this company, that i had to hand over the task to hubby...
...another package got returned back to me because THEY lost the broker information that was secured inside the window, instead of calling me for the info, which is what they're supposed to do, they returned it back to me, again, about two weeks after the item was sent...one phone call and it would have arrived in a shorter time in the destination country than it took to re-route it back to me...
thank god i had patient buyers man! thank god! this is just A FEW cases of complete inexcusable s**t that i have put up with with this company who i have now discontinued to use...
...ups is another story as well...i swear to god, sometimes i think they can hire my cat to work at the front counter and she would do a better job at handing out info then the people they hire...i brought in a large item to get a quote for shipping...got the quote, come home, send the invoice, get paid, bring the quote and piece back and they want to charge me an extra 100.00 and some dollars for stuff 'they forgot to mention to me the first time'...tee hee...again, had to go through management, and ultimately a different store...
...next package...bring it in to the 'good smart' store to get a quote...get 300.00, come home, send invoice, get paid, go back to the store, they want to charge 650.00...back to management, only to find out the moron who misquoted is the owner of the store...good times..fun times...still waiting to get the 'approval' to send that package at the initial quote as its been paid for two days ago...

...anyways, i'm sure lots of people have probably stopped reading this by now out of boredom, but bottom line...they're all freakin disorganized, unknowledgeable reps who plainly, don't give a damn!!
peace out 🙂
Kat
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

some people...

ciderantiques
Community Member
Yes I agree . . . . they just don't care. I knew my package was sitting around, forgotten, too. Not really lost . . . just forgotten and overlooked with a big dose of incompetence on top. I even new I could find it if given the chance. I was even doing the math . . . 20 million pieces of mail (it was during Christmas time last year), perhaps 20% parcels, only 30% of those the same size as mine (visual inspection) . .. only 1% in the lost zone???? how many hours of searching would that take me? I really was losing it. I think it took me 2 full days to write my letter to the Prez of CP because I needed to re-write it about 10 times before it trasformed from livid to acceptable. My final copy was a mixture of upset, humour and dispare. Maybe you should try the same. It does help with the stress release. Seemed to work too. Hope it works out for you in the end. Good luck.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
isn't it too bad people have to resort to such anger and frustration?!? you're sooo right about that math calculation...which is why i pointed out the size of my box above-just to show how NOT difficult it would be to 'spot' this 'missing' package...
...i rarely have to write a letter, my jumping down the phone through their ear usually works:-), although, i'll bet i'll be writing a letter one day soon!! i'm kind of psychic that way! i'm gifted...its getting easier and easier to predict their stupidity...anyways, have a very merry christmas...hope none of these 'annoyances' disrupt your thoughts during the holidays...:-)
Kat
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
PayPal can extract the money from your account

eBay can send you a warning message and post a black mark to your file.

so, by this point (61 days), ebay can't swipe the money from my account if she 'wins'? this is a good thing! this was what i was worried about...of course...
...i'm still going to pursue this for her, as its the right thing to do, but i haven't heard back from her about the parcel...i don't think she cares whether its received or not now, as i think she thinks she can still get her money back from me via ebay through this dispute...
...again...some people...

i hope ebay doesn't give me a strike-they shouldn't after reading the case, i didn't do anything wrong...its her responsibility to get the item back to canada post, not mine? after all, she's the sender now?
will be interesting to find out...
Kat
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

some people...

Has anyone ever considered starting a business of tracking parcels for sellers? Probably too stressful...lol...but they would probably make a fortune!

Good luck with your parcel Kat.

Judy
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

some people...

jakeeangel
Community Member
Kat, I didn't read it all. You don't space properly and it gives me a headache. Sorry but it does.....

That being said....you should know by now that eBay does NOT read disputes. Nobody does. It's only a place where buyer and seller can communicate. eBay doesn't read disputes sellers make on buyers or buyers make on sellers.

eBay has never had the ability to take money from your account.

You will get a non-performing seller strike. All they care about is did the seller get the money in the case of a UPI report or did the buyer get the item in the case of a Non-performing seller report. That's the bottom line. If they didn't get the item or money, the other party gets a strike.

What does it mean for you? Not a heck of a lot. And yes to reiterate. Don't trust Canada Post with expensive items like that. Ever!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
, I didn't read it all. You don't space properly and it gives me a headache. Sorry but it does.....

debbie-your honesty kills me, it really does...:^O however, i don't know what spacing means...?
anyways, so i'm not sure how ebay will rule in this case then since she had to send the item back herself for a refund, and its now potentially 'lost'...
...funny thing is she replied in the dispute today what a fantastic great seller i am and am doing a great job with the dispute...okey dokey...
Kat
Message 15 of 20
latest reply

some people...

jakeeangel
Community Member
🙂

Your post:

however, i don't know what spacing means...?
anyways, so i'm not sure how ebay will rule in this case then since she had to send the item back herself for a refund, and its now potentially 'lost'...
...funny thing is she replied in the dispute today what a fantastic great seller i am and am doing a great job with the dispute...okey dokey...
Kat

Now that same post with spacing:

however, i don't know what spacing means...?

Kat

Hit the enter button a couple of times to make a paragraph. 😉 It makes it much easier to read and is easier on the eyes. Seriously.

I've never had an INR dispute on eBay so I can't help too much but I don't think eBay rules on anything. Isn't it like the UPI dispute on eBay against buyers? Can a buyer close it on the seller? I have no idea.

It won't get them their money back though. Only PayPal can do that and they've passed those deadlines.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

some people...

katiusciav
Community Member
oh! now i see! tee hee

watch out for more of my posts!

:-)

i used to study this way in university actually

for exams...i used to space out all my study notes

and the absorption rate was much better that way...!
Kat
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

some people...

bare_bright
Community Member
spacing

good

idea

:)I

should

do

that

2:)
T.J.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

some people...

I've never had an INR dispute on eBay so I can't help too much but I don't think eBay rules on anything. Isn't it like the UPI dispute on eBay against buyers? Can a buyer close it on the seller? I have no idea.

Nothing happens, a record of the dispute goes on your file, get enough of these combined with neg/neut feedback and you go up against the Non-Performing Seller Policy. How much is enough? nobody really knows.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

some people...

jakeeangel
Community Member
🙂

Thanks for the info Recped. That's what I thought. In a way then it's similar to the UPI dispute panel. Just a space on eBay for a back and forth with little to no effect ultimately. Who can close it only the buyer since they opened it the same way only a seller can close a UPI dispute?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply