terrible customer service support!

kinkinx
Community Member

ebay has owed me a coupon code now for 4 months and they have not provided any sort of resolution. I just went a did a call with a CSR (I hope the call was recorded!) who pretended to play silent on the phone and so I put him on speaker and after 15 minutes of pretending not to be there he finally gave up and said "dude" and hung up. Is this what we can expect in terms of customer support from Ebay? Not only did my original issue not get resolved I waited an hour for their call only to have their CSR play the silent game with me for 15 minutes. Its good to know that eBay "cares" about its lack of customer service!

ontop of that I cant request a call back now and there is no way to email these guys, I guess the lesson here is dont bother with ebay customer service cause you will just end up with the run around or the silent treatment!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

"ebay has owed me a coupon code"

What is a "coupon code" and how much is it worth?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

they owed me the last coupon for my ebay rewards bucks, and it was for $5.xx

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Did you get an email confirmation from eBay about getting the $5.  NOT all users were eligible for it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

yeah of course I did, maybe I should have written a little bit more but I was in rage mode...

basically ebay already acknowledged that they will reimburse me a new coupon I even have their email to prove a new coupon would be made for me and should appear in my "my ebay". But it never appears I JUST got another email from ebay saying that they will generate the email yet again... looks like another 3 months of waiting for nothing again. Definitely not going to hold my breath. But it is good to know that ebay wont be bothered to provide quality customer service when customers require it. Currently its not even about the $5 I can live without it, but its the principle of the matter.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You could get the problem solved in days by contacting kalvin@ebay.com directly

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've had this "coupon code" problem which was sent to me just before Christmas. I've been sent 3 codes now and the first 2 didn't work while the 3rd code which was sent to me yesterday showed as being an expired coupon. I resent a request to customer service and of course they wrote back...

"Thanks for writing eBay about your coupon. I understand that you want to use it. Let me assist you.

Ebayuser, I checked your account and it shows that the coupon code you’re trying to use, "blahblahblah" is no longer available. I understand you're frustrated that you received a coupon that has expired. The coupon expired on 12/27/2015.

I'm sorry for any frustration. Thank you for your patience."

I do feel sorry for the individuals working at customer service who have no clue how to solve this issue. I mean its actually not coming out of your pocket; and, you have no authority to actually give me any working coupon code. Your just giving me an answer to the best of your ability.

I totally empathize with the people working there when these issues keep coming up and no one has an answer. The problem I do have is this constant run around situation.

I wish you would just be blunt and to the point and concise! I WOULD TOTALLY APPRECIATE THAT! 

Something along the lines of ...

" Listen lady this f___--- coupon code thing doesn't work. I have no bloody idea how to fix it. I don't have coupons here that will work and really...  you live in Canada so how much is a $15.00 Canadian coupon code really worth?!?! 

This is the first time in ... actually... I have never been given a coupon from Ebay so when it happened I was pretty happy. Of course it also was for only $15.. CAD funds 😕 but at least it felt like something.

Anyways I'm moving on to use Ebay for what it was intended for and just came here to vent! 

Have a great year everyone!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

" Listen lady this f___--- coupon code thing doesn't work. I have no bloody idea how to fix it. I don't have coupons here

that will work and really...  you live in Canada so how much is a $15.00 Canadian coupon code really worth?"

*laffs*  Thanks, I needed a good guffaw to start my day. Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
latest reply