unfair charges

I need answers:...I was charged a shipping and import charge that the seller DID NOT charge.  The seller is getting $6.85 for shipping my product HOWEVER, I was charged $18.95 for shipping.  WHERE is the rest of MY money going?  Ebay...I am disappointed and this may be the last time I shop on here.  I would like answers...this is fraud as far as I'm concerned.

I need answers,

concerned Ebay

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

unfair charges

When was this extra fees charged? While you paid through Paypal? Is the seller member of the GSP (Global Shipping Program)

If yes, all these fees were on the item description page. Read carefully before buying.

If the seller added an amount after winning/buying the item, that's incorrect (if shipping fees for your region were already given).

If you were charged 18,95$ from Canada Post when you got your item, this is not fraud from ebay or the Seller, it's from CBSA (Canadian Border Services Agency), all details here : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

unfair charges

There are lots of us Canadian buyers dealing with this problem they call the GSP. I had a seller spend 3 days trying to get answers to be able to change her shipping away from GSP even though she had Opted out of the program and this was confirmed by ebay. She had to cancel my first order then redo the new sale using USPS and CP. Which was eventually $5 shipping as opposed to $18 through GSP. In the future I personally wont even bother with a seller that uses the GSP program. Less sales will make them change things. Also I had the last package arrive throught the program damaged and it was opened and repackaged very badly. If I paid my duties then WHY are they opening packages? The last seller also told me she had the last three orders that were shipped in the program either missing parts or have been damaged. So I hope the American sellers all OPT OUT and verify they have been removed from the program so that we Canadians can again continue to shop with American sellers confidently. And here all this time I thought we Canadians had it rough trying to ship cross border as sellers, LOL was I ever wrong!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply