what do I do when a buyer wants to renege on a selling price after the item is paid for? He says it;s an error.

rpark2222
Community Member

I bought 35 watches for teachers as a thank you for helping with fundraising at what I thought was a great price.  I paid for them in good faith only to have the seller tell me that the price is much higher and he wants the extra money or to decrease the number of watches shipped.  Is this supposed to happen and if so, does it happen often?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

what do I do when a buyer wants to renege on a selling price after the item is paid for? He says it;s an error.

Hi rpark..You purchased in good faith and seller did not limit quantity. For seller to request more is a violation of eBay policy. I'm sure seller knows that but send this link and refer to terms and conditions..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/selling-practices.html

Tell seller to ship or refund your payment. If he refunds the appropriate response should be negative feedback and 1's for DSRs.

45 days to file an item not received dispute.

Check your messages here.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
This seller needs a reality check,and the realization that eBay rules apply to everything he does on eBay. The reality check will come in the form of the negative feedback and Low DSR ratings if he doesn't ship at the price quoted in the listing. If the seller does refund you,he'll likely send you a mutual cancelation request to get his eBay fees back. While the choice is yours,I hope you refuse the request. A seller who refuses to honor the terms of the sale and comply with eBay rules,does not deserve to get his fees back. From what I see,any cancelation request for this transaction will certainly NOT be mutual.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If the seller keeps behaving in this manner, I bet they will be on the AC asking why their account is restricted.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply