13chatsnoir
Community Member

what is a e check

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

what is a echeck

Hi chatsnoir.. an echeque(check) is PayPals method of paying a seller from a buyer who only has a bank account tied to to their account.

Echeques take 8-10 days to clear to seller and item should not be shipped until PP advises cleared and in your balance or cleared and pending 21 day hold.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

what is a echeck

An eCheck ("electonic check") is an electronic payment which is "held" by Paypal until cleared (i.e. confirmed from the sender's account) just like a regular cheque, then the funds are deposited to the recipient's account.  The hold period varies. 

Paypal will treat a buyer's payment as an eCheck under certain circumstances, usually if that person has not set up a back-up credit card to use in case their primary account is short of funds.

If you log into Paypal (assuming you have an account) and enter "eCheck" under the Help menu, you should find a full explanation.  I hope this helps -- the first time I encountered it, I didn't quite know what I was dealing with. 

As a seller it can be an issue because of the waiting time -- you shouldn't ship until the payment has cleared!  In such cases, because some buyers are even unaware that they've sent an eCheck payment, I now email my customer to confirm I've received notice of their eCheck, that Paypal has placed a "hold" until their payment clears, and that I'll ship once it clears. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

what is a echeck

Hi chatsnoir.. an echeque(check) is PayPals method of paying a seller from a buyer who only has a bank account tied to to their account.

Echeques take 8-10 days to clear to seller and item should not be shipped until PP advises cleared and in your balance or cleared and pending 21 day hold.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

what is a echeck

An eCheck ("electonic check") is an electronic payment which is "held" by Paypal until cleared (i.e. confirmed from the sender's account) just like a regular cheque, then the funds are deposited to the recipient's account.  The hold period varies. 

Paypal will treat a buyer's payment as an eCheck under certain circumstances, usually if that person has not set up a back-up credit card to use in case their primary account is short of funds.

If you log into Paypal (assuming you have an account) and enter "eCheck" under the Help menu, you should find a full explanation.  I hope this helps -- the first time I encountered it, I didn't quite know what I was dealing with. 

As a seller it can be an issue because of the waiting time -- you shouldn't ship until the payment has cleared!  In such cases, because some buyers are even unaware that they've sent an eCheck payment, I now email my customer to confirm I've received notice of their eCheck, that Paypal has placed a "hold" until their payment clears, and that I'll ship once it clears. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply