what is this new review an item..

i now have review an item showing up on some of my listings.??  i sell coins .. every circulated coin is different and yet people can now review my coins and offer thier opinion on them,, **bleep**.. can the greater beings please explain this,, how can someone review and comment on my items without buying them,, this is opening the door for people selling the same items to just post **bleep** about your items.. where in the spring update was this mentioned..

ebay enough is enough  when will this stop.... and to what point are you trying to make... Rapheal  please comment on this ..i am ready to close the doors..

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sounds like ebay is getting into a dating service<look at the pic and give an opinion oh my are you kidding me,i havnt noticted that on my listings but where did you find that thats brutall and not fair to make a carnival out of a listing omgawd

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

apparently for similar items sold they compile the data for other similar items being sold,, that is not the way to do a fair comparison..

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

and no EBAY this is not accepted as a Solution,, how dare you take other peoples opinion of a certain coin year and lump them all together in a review.. so wrong,, and so not acceptable..

perhaps this would work for new items but certainly not for used items.. ever.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I assumed they would do something intelligent and group reviews by item specifics that made sense such as a MPN for new items. As this is currently implemented the reviews have zero value and are wide open for abuse. Comedy gold.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Even if they set thing up in a similar system, I don't think that used items should be included at all because there is too much variation on condition alone.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply