what's the benefit to increase powerseller level?

torontosales
Community Member
Hi, All,

I'm a new powerseller(bronze level), I'm just wondering what's the benefit I can get if trying my best to sell more and become a silver level powerseller.

Thanks

torontosales
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

very very little, I think at Silver you get phone "support".

Great someone new to call to get incorrect information!
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
ROFLMAO @ Recped!!!

Sad but oh so true!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
so, there is no fun to increase my powerseller level 🙂
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

zippar
Community Member
zip nadda zilch.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The only good side of being Powerseller is the message boards. If you need help someone can always help you.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
but, regular sellers and buyers have their discussion board too, and I think there are more threads in their forum 🙂
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Another benefit, not mentioned, is that if you're selling more, presumably you're making a tad more money?? Not an ebay benefit but definitely worthwhile!!!
Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

The only good side of being Powerseller is the message boards. If you need help someone can always help you.

and NO posting id's!

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
is there any gold lever or platinum lever powerseller here? what's the benefit to be a gold lever or platinum lever powerseller? and how much do you usually pay to ebay? I'm a bronze and pay about $200-$250 per month, too much!
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

catalystpaintball
Community Member
For the Gold you get a toll free support number (also with Silver) and a account manager, Big deal.

It depends on weather there are any 10 cent listing days that cross over our billing cycle, but we usually pay 500-1000/month in fees.

Steve
catalyst copy
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I don't even know what level I am and don't really care. I've only used the telephone support three times (1) no answer outside "regular business hours" (2) bad answer, no help really (3) after I was downgraded to bronze during a slow period a few years ago I called the number, they never asked what level I was, I assume they could see in my profile I was a lowly bronze but it didn't seem to matter and they actually took care of my problem.

I think an "account manager" means you get a phone call before they yank your account and many phone calls letting you know how great it would be for you if you tried out Home Page Featured.

I think there was a post from a Platinum PS about a year or two ago. They don't have much time for idle chatter!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

torontosales
Community Member
500-1000/month is unbelievable to me! I'm so surprise! the money is a house's mortgage:)
I think ebay charge too much! have you ever tried selling on yahoo or some other auction website?
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

The higher my eBay fees are the greater the amount of money I'm making.

There are sellers paying $50,000 in eBay fees every month but their sales are probably creeping up near a million bucks.

If you sell high ticket items you could easily pay $500 in fees and only have a handful of sales.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

What is relevant is not the dollar amount of fees you are paying, but the percentage of your sales that represents. Ann

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

catalystpaintball
Community Member
yes Ann good Point....

In our situation for the Ebay and paypal fees range around 5-10% of our monthly sales. It really depends on how the items sold(ie auction or store) and weather there were any cheap listing days in there.

Last month as an example our sales were just under $20,000CA and the Ebay fees were around $1000. The month before sales were around $12,000 and the fees were not much lower so the percentage was higher.

I just pulled these figures out of my hat so there not exact but it gives you an idea.

Steve
catalyst copy
Message 16 of 16
latest reply