where can I change Dollar Currency for selling?

Hi. I have listed an item in US currency. I want to change it to CAD. When I try to revise my item, I can change just about everything but not the currency. There is a little gray square named GO underneath currency but it does nothing. Can I change it or do I have to end the item and relist ?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You have to end the item and list it again in Canadian $.

I have no idea what your item weighs but the shipping price seems a bit high. You might want to consider including free shipping within Canada even if you have to add a few dollars to the starting price. Also, you might want to consider adding the U.S. to the list of countries that you ship to as you will be attracting a much larger market. Without shipping to the U.S. your item has low or no visibility on ebay .com so if a Canadian happens to be searching on .com rather than on .ca, they won't see your listing. If you do that, make sure that the shipping cost is accurate and that it will include a signature with delivery confirmation.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Why are you even charging shipping on a $5K item? Figure it into the list price and offer "free" shipping. Better marketing.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That depends on how the buyer perceives the price. Most buyers know very well that there's no such thing as free shipping and the cost is included in the price. I sold many many photographic items and bought as many. When you are dealing with expensive glass, insurance is a must. Do you know how much it cost to insure an item such as this ? I could live without the shipping cost but insurance alone is more than $100 and that doesn't even cover the whole value of the lens. If you had read my listing correctly you would have seen that shipping is free at the buy it now price. We all know that when someone sells, free is a relative term.

Anyway, I was asking a question relating to currency, not selling advice.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the reply.

Shipping price is high because of insurance. Insurance is also the reason why I don't ship to the US (I usually do). I can insure for a maximum of $1000 to the USA. If ever something goes wrong, I'm out of luck and down several thousand dollars.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm not a fan of insurance usually but I understand in a situation such as yours.

Do yourself a favour, look at some alternative to Canada Post (or FedEx or whatever) for the insurance. You will save money and have less issues if you had a claim with a third-party insurer such as U-Pic or ShipInsurance.

Canada Post will easily pay you off for your first $25 claim but after that and for any high value item be prepared for a fight.

Carrier insurance is rarely the best option.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you recped. I wasn't aware of third party insurance. I will take a look at this. It might be my only way to open up to the US market on a high risk item like this.

The only private courier that I am  aware of that will insure for full amount outside Canada is UPS and they want to pack the item themselves.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just checked the u-pic, shipinsurance and insurepost site and the most they insure for is $2000 (u-pic), the other ones insure for $1000 only. 😞

Message 8 of 8
latest reply