why do only some seller have import fees?

hi, I use ebay all the time. I live in Canada. when looking at some sellers buys, I see an import fee. why is this only on some sellers?  these so called import fees make the item out of reach to some of us. is it only on priority shipping, or is it on usps first class shipping too. thank you for any answeres on this. dean.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It is because of the Global shipping program or GSP...

SOme sellers opt into the program so basically this programs is through pitney bowes ... There are perks in it for the seller but they also lose some customers at the same time ..

Without getting into detail Seller Ships to buy item goes to Pitney bowes HQ in Kentucky then they do the rest and ship to you and item gets delivered without any chances of more fees ...

The programs is **bleep** some will defend some will not but basically all in all it sucks ... Has is advantages and disadvantages but at the end of the day it sucks ....

Many item came across with no imports  is most peoples arguement towards it sucking

You should have been charged those imports all along is what others will say

Just avoid buying off seller with it ...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Look for these words

Customs services and international tracking provided
And make sure that the import costs will not make the purchase uneconomic.
Sometimes it will still be a good deal, but not if the item purchased is under $100.

Sellers did not have the program well-explained and all too many use it badly.
The program was put in place to benefit US sellers and encourage them to sell internationally. It is not designed to benefit buyers.

And it doesn\t.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

when I ask a seller what the import fee is, the tell me they don't know, and that it is ebay putting this on. when I win a part for say $3.50 and have to pay a $5.90 import charge, I might at well just go to my Honda store and buy it. theres no deal here! thanks, dean.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply