why doesnt ebay crackdown on sellers who dont leave positive feedback for buyers as soon as item purchased?

sno-ape
Community Member

So many sellers are in my opinion extorting feedback by the practice of not leaving positive feedback until after buyer does. the buyer has completed his/her part of purchase agreement by paying in a timely manner and yet more often than not has to wait for goods to arrive, and if nopt happy with some aspect of purchase can expect negative or no feedback from buyer

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why doesnt ebay crackdown on sellers who dont leave positive feedback for buyers as soon as item purchased?

Feedback is voluntary.

Only about 40% of members leave feedback.

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback. At worst, they can leave no feedback.

All buyers have 100% buying feedback, no matter how promptly or slowly they paid,

no matter whether or not they tried to have the item sent to an unlisted address,

no matter if they attempted to have the parcel sent without confirmation of delivery,

no matter if most of their purchases were returned as unsatisfactory.

100%.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
eBay is not about to make the leaving of feedback mandatory for sellers or buyers. As a buyer you are free to not leave feedback if you choose.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

gwilliamb
Community Member

The transaction is not complete from the seller's point of view until safe arrival of the goods is acknowledged.

A seller who leaves feedback before the buyer takes a risk.  Until the buyer leaves positive feedback the seller does not know whether the buyer is going to claim that the item did not arrive, was defective, etc., and cancel their Paypal payment, maybe just because they don't like it or are dishonest.

I leave feedback for buyers immediately I receive positive feedback.  If I receive no feedback, I wait until the deadline for cancelling Paypal payments has passed, and then leave feedback.

Somewhere on ebay there is some advice to sellers not to leave feedback before the buyer acknowledges safe receipt.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply