why feed back before item received

Why does ebay ask for comments on an item sale before the item is received and checked out. It amounts to false information so as to baffle new buyers and totally not true. On top of this they remove the ability to leave feed back after a certian  time which is about the time it's received.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't remember ever seeing ebay tell a buyer that they should leave feedback before they receive the item. Where do you see that?

You can leave feedback for 60 days after you made the purchase.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"I don't remember ever seeing ebay tell a buyer that they should leave feedback before they receive the item. Where do you see that?"

I seem to recall getting a "friendly reminder" from ebay (not sure if it was email, or an in-ebay-message) about leaving feedback for a purchase.

No idea if it was automatic, or triggered by the seller.

Might have been an item that was taking longer than usual to arrive... but still under the 45-day protection.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

eBay does send an email reminder after 30 days about feedback. It appears to be an summary of outstanding feedback not left on purchases.

Check out Site Preferences -> Manage Communications with buyers, the last of the 5 emails eBay sends is the feedback reminder one.

So it is possible to get an feedback reminder on a item that takes longer than 30 days to arrive.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Well you don't buy much. If you look at you screen after log in they have a star and a number which tells the buyers more or less what you are like and if neg comments or no comments the number goes down or stays the same. Higher number easyer to deal with and sell to.
Buy something and see how fast they want a comment filled out
If delivery takes longer because you live in rual area the comment section leaves from beside message or notice area
Try teally paying attention to what's on the screens whem and after buying and a whole new world will open up to you or at least how you view Ebay.
It states on privacy or areas about the rating system. The sooner one fills it out the better the score and prices or bids become if positive. They don't want much neg responces due to it hurts sales and their bottom line.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Wow I have only seen a responce right after the sale and it stays on my web page for up to a week tjen one has to hunt too find out how to post. Never have I gotten a email after a week or a notice to post for comment.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ebay doesn't do that, so not sure what you mean.  I remember I had just one "over zealous" seller who sent something similiar, but it had an "unsubscribe" tab which fixed that.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply