why is mine bidding restricted

I have been trying to find out for some time why mine bidding has been restricted I have always paid for my order's there is a item I am trying to get and can't bid

elisa houle

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sellers can set up their listings so that bidders are automatically blocked if they do not meet certain seller requirements.

Click on the link to see if any of the following requirements apply to you.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

xeposter
Community Member

Have you bought from the seller before? If you have bought from this person before and had problems with them, they could have blocked you from buying their items. What does it say when you try to bid? "You do not meet requirements?" "The seller is not accepting bids from you?" Thanks.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are numerous possibilities as to the reason you may have been blocked by the seller in question but, if you want to know the actual answer, you should attempt to contact the seller and ask so that you know the real reason as opposed to speculation. 

Some sellers restrict the number of items any one buyer can place bids on with them at one time. Is that perhaps it?

Your shipping address?

Maybe Reports of untoward behaviour?

Or, and I'm not one to judge, it might be your user name. Some sellers may be uncomfortable with selling to someone who appears to be (whether or not you are) pledging allegiance to the Dark Side in their ID. Changing your user name is a fairly simply procedure, should you want to go that route: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/change-userid.html#how

Good luck and happy bidding.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Also, you appear to be registered in the USA.  You are posting on the eBay Canada member forums.  You are always welcome, thanks for visiting, but for any questions you may have, it would be better to post on ebay.com forums.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Five of the fifteen feedbacks you have left were neutral (1) or soft positives.

Auctioneers read those.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Are you really living in the USA as registered? or is your address  in Canada?

The reason I ask is that a few years ago you posted and wanted to know how to pay in Canadian dollars.

It is possible you were blocked if the country you live in (Canadian address) does not match the registration (USA) and the seller ships to USA only (for example)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply