why is my delivery status not updated on Ebay site?

yrhee
Community Member

Sending a package from Ontario, Canada to Quebec, Canada.

Canada Post site status shows it was delivered on the 17th, but ebay shipment tracking is not updating the status as delivered (today is the 21st).

tracking # 7210029373887999

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Because it's the weekend?

Tracking is only important if the buyer is claiming non-delivery. If he is, you have the proof of delivery so there is no problem.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

My experience has been that it can take a couple of days for the shipping/tracking info to be updated when you view it on ebay. I had a package delivered on this past Fri. the 19th, but I didn't see it being updated on ebay until Sunday the 21st. So I guess it was updated sometime between late Sat. night and Sun. afternoon. This seems par for the course for ebay. Canada Post, of course, had it updated shortly after delivery on Fri. I guess it depends on how quickly the various carriers transfer and process the info from one to the other and to ebay. Some are slower than others. Not much you can do except to go to the Canada Post website first to get what is usually the most up to date tracking info. Or USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. - whichever one applies in a particular case.

I disagree with femmefan1946, who is of the opinion (I think) that tracking is not necessary for the buyer. I like to monitor my purchases as they make their way to me. It's not necessarily because I want to make sure that I'm home when delivery is attempted but sometimes it is. It depends on whether it's a smaller item that can be delivered by the regular mail carrier (I live in an area of Saskatoon where we still have delivery to the home) or if it's larger and going to be by the delivery van or even whether a signature is required or not. It just varies with the item. My perspective is one as a buyer only because I have yet to sell anything on ebay, but I don't really see why it would change if and when I do start selling. I feel that tracking is useful for both sides and not just the sellers only.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It is now June 29th, 12 days after the delivery, but ebay site is still not updating the status as delivered.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@yrhee wrote:

Sending a package from Ontario, Canada to Quebec, Canada.

Canada Post site status shows it was delivered on the 17th, but ebay shipment tracking is not updating the status as delivered...

Colour me puzzled:  when has eBay ever had anything other than a "Shipped" status indicator.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply