winner requests other bidders name. Is this an ethical request?

the winner of my item questions the validity of the bids that were placed ( one bidder placed 34 bids as they placed a higher proxy bid) and would like to contact the bidder to see if it was legitimate bidding.I have no problem with this but do not want to infringe on any policy or bidders privacy.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I would not do it,

Let the buyer check out the purchase history

with the info that is available.

I believe that this is the bidder in question.

They look okay to me.

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 504
Items bid on: 28
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 7% Help
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Put the winner on your Blocked Bidder List and make a copy of that email with headers.

Of course you cannot give your underbidders information to some perfect stranger. You can however offer to send your winner's information to the underbidder, who can then contact him if he wishes. (And I bet the winner will refuse this as an invasion of his privacy. Did I mention Blocked Bidder List?)

Offer to cancel the transaction. While Mutual Cancellation is an option, it is too dangerous with upset bidders. If he has not paid within 4 days (96 hours) go for the Unpaid Item Dispute .

Explain to the winner how proxy bidding works. Basically, the underbidder placed a single high bid, and the winner chased the underbidder until his own 35th bid surpassed that of the underbidder.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply