winning bid incorrect colour

Recently (last three weeks) when bidding on an item and I am winning the price turns red instead of green.  Calling EBay did not do me any good.  Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Normally, the price only turns red when you are outbid. Are you saying you are absolutely still the top, winning bidder on an active item and yet still the price is red, even after you give the software more than a few minutes to catch-up?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you decide to bid only once and bid your maximum then, when the auction ends either you win or some sucker paid too much.

If you win you get an email from eBay and often another from the seller.

So the changing colour on the price is only one indication.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

My last purchases have been in red to contrast the black I did not win.

You can tell by opening the item if you won or not or look under purchases.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Oh, that's true. At one time, a Buy It Now item on sale (markdown) reflected a price in green but that changed to red too. I wonder if this with auctions is a deliberate change to bring it in line. Green always made more sense to me, I associate red with bad or stop and green with good or go.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, this is what happens.  I can sign out and sign back in and the same appears.  This only started a few weeks ago.  Before if I was a winning bid it would be green.  Is there anything I can do to correct this.  When I call EBay they do not seem to understand or care to help me correct this

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I realize but for quick reference when looking at my watched items because it is red it looks as if I lost the bid

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@melinasean wrote:

Yes, this is what happens.  I can sign out and sign back in and the same appears.  This only started a few weeks ago.  Before if I was a winning bid it would be green.  Is there anything I can do to correct this.  When I call EBay they do not seem to understand or care to help me correct this

No, probably not. I suspect then this is a programming change that ebay is implementing. The Customer Service reps sometimes are unclear about day-to-day issues that users face. If it's not in their Search and Answer database, they cannot speak to it. Many have probably not used ebay much themselves.

If you look around on the page, sometimes there is a Tell us What You Think link. Perhaps send ebay your thoughts. You have a valid point and one that I cannot disagree with.

Alternatively, ebay Canada staff hosts a Weekly Chat on Wednesdays at 1 pm EST. Maybe let Raphael know you don't like the change. He cannot directly affect it but may be able to pass along your feelings to the appropriate team. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 8.02.38 PM.png

Upper right-hand corner. Tell us What You Think. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply