2,456 search results. No filters. Only 5 pages shown. Why?

I search for something,  WORLDWIDE sellers... and get 2,456 results in ALL CATEGORIES, but Ebay only gives me five pages (2 pages if I do 200 listings a page). Gone through possible filters, nothing changes. How do I see the ALL the 2,456 results that Ebay "claims" to have found?  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What were the search words?  It’s impossible to help without looking at the search results.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Which Search format were you using?

The default is Best Match, but many prefer Lowest Price First, or Ending Soon.

Personally I prefer Highest Price plus Shipping, because it allows me to word down to the price point I can afford relatively quickly.

There are more options in the menu on the right of your Search. Are those the filters you refer to?

I suspect that the eBay program thinks a Search with no filters is not particularly serious, and that is why you are only seeing about 400 of the possible items.

I have also noticed that if I Search for something, then repeat the Search, I don't always see the same items. Again, I suspect that the programmers decided that the first Search did not meet my unstated criteria, and are showing me a different group.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

What are you searching for?

Listings with multiple choices can cause this.

For example: a t-shirt listing with the choice of 6 different sizes. This would count as 6 different results but the listing would only be displayed once.

-..-

Message 4 of 4
latest reply