Best Offers and 48 Long Hours To Wait...lol

We are primarily sellers here on ebay but we do purchase on occasion. This week is one of those occasions. We are looking to buy a cheap item at about the 20-30 dollars range with shipping included.

So we looked/shopped around and finally found the right item. Listed at $30 with free shipping to Canada from a Canadian seller. Great!. Listing is in the best offer format. So we offer $25.00. This was well over 24 hours ago and still no answer.

Very frustrating for a potential buyer. Ebay needs to tweak this kind of listing and time available to seller to agree.

Either reduce the time allowed for seller to accept offer to only 24 hours or give the buyer the option to simply withdraw the offer after 24 hours have elapse.  In our opinion we do not even want to purchase our initial offer now if the seller can not answer within 24 hours we feel that the seller may not be someone we wish to buy from anymore. If it takes them that long to consider such a simple business decision then we feel the seller is either irresponsible or simply not involved enough in their online business. Personal opinion.

Ebay please make it easier for potential buyers to achieve their transactions!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can retract your offer anytime so long as it hasn't been accepted. Use the reason "can't contact Seller"

Method is similar to retracting an auction bid

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes the sellers ignore the offers if they are too low, or they are busy away and that is why the sellers have up to 48 hours to respond or not. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Along with every Make an Offer is an accompanying Buy It Now. If it was important for a buyer to have the item, he or she would merely use BIN and bypass the Offer feature, as I have on multiple occasions as a buyer. If I want it, shaving a fews bucks off the price isn't worth wasting my time waiting for a seller to decide if he likes the looks of me. My opinion only.

I am also of the mind that any Offer that is not answered after 24 hours is being deliberately ignored. Perhaps the seller was too offended by a potential buyer's suggested price to even bother to make a counteroffer. 

I rarely if ever use Make an Offer as a seller because, to me, it says simply that I have no idea what my item is worth. Furthermore, if a buyer were to offer a seller a low amount for an item (which can be prevented by automatic blocks) the Make an Offer feature would serve no purpose other than to demonstrate that buyer is someone who may never be happy with anything, no matter the price. At which point they would be Welcomed to the 'Bestest Buddies' List. 

I'd be happy to see Make an Offer eliminated altogether but I know there are buyers and sellers who like to haggle. I just don't happen to be one of them. 

Now, if I had lost patience waiting for the seller to respond, I'd send the seller a message saying that I grew weary of waiting and then I'd move on to other things. Would the seller spite you and agree to your offer after that? I doubt it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can retract your offer anytime so long as it hasn't been accepted. Use the reason "can't contact Seller"

Method is similar to retracting an auction bid

Message 4 of 4
latest reply