Buy Now Pay Later

This is just a suggestion but I really wish that ebay would use another BNPL service provider instead of just PayBright. I used Sezzle in the past and made purchases of around $400CAD and was even approved for a purchase of $800CAD. I'll admit I went on SHEIN and got approved for a purchase using PayBright, and when I log into my PayBright account and I see that it says that I have a credit limit of $1,500 with $1,400 of available credit. Every time I try applying for an virtual credit card (and I select eBay) from PayBright I get declined.

I honestly think Sezzle is a better service provider despite my not having perfect credit.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buy Now Pay Later

ebay FAQ: https://pages.ebay.ca/paybrightcredit/

* purchase in CA$ or US$

* one purchase per virtual card

* minimum purchase cost

You could also ask PayBright what the problem could be. The FAQ link has their phone number.

PayBright was a Canadian company until the start of this year when it got bought by USA company Affirm for $340 million.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/paybright-affirm-1.5827077

-;-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buy Now Pay Later

Any time you use a credit card you are in a Buy Now Pay Later situation.

If your purchase is not paid off by the time your card invoice arrives you will be charged interest.

But all these layaway and time payment plans have pretty well been superceded by credit cards.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Buy Now Pay Later

@femmefan1946 wrote:

But all these layaway and time payment plans have pretty well been superceded by credit cards.

There's been a renewed push for buy now pay later services. I guess the fancy slabs of plastic are getting tapped out. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Buy Now Pay Later

All the more  reason not to allow them.

If the cardholder's bank won't trust them to pay back, why should eBay? Even more, why should the eBay seller?

I am also concerned because some friends, back in the '80s, bought their living room furniture on layaway. Which means they had to pay it in full before they took possession.

They were about halfway through their payments (about $1000 or $1500 as I remember it) when the store went out of business.

They lost everything but a pair of lamps, which they had picked up early.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Buy Now Pay Later

It's the pay later company that is taking the risk, not ebay and not the seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply