Buying

Won few weeks ago 3 items , I am being waiting for the seller to add shipping fees on the invoice. Contacted him today to found out that one of the items I won he doesn't ship to Canada, and he sold it to someone else. One of the others too it's glass so I felt strange about it. Also he said he couldn't find a contact to let me know it. What I should do or think?. Tempted to cancel my order because I am feeling screwed by him.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buying

Three items from one seller? Or three sellers of three items?

On the item that the seller sold to another-  eBay gave you a window for delivery. When that window closes you have 30 days to open an Item Not Delivered dispute and get a full refund.

If the seller cannot prove delivery(not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If your glass item arrives damaged, you can open a Not As Described Dispute. The seller will be told to send you return shipping, and when the glass shows Delivered (again not shipped, delivered), you will be refunded.

The seller may allow you to provide photos of the damaged item rather than pay for the return of a box of shards.

Was there a problem with the third item?

BTW- you can't cancel the purchase. Only the seller can do that, although one accepted reason is "buyer request".

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Buying

Three items from one seller? Or three sellers of three items?

On the item that the seller sold to another-  eBay gave you a window for delivery. When that window closes you have 30 days to open an Item Not Delivered dispute and get a full refund.

If the seller cannot prove delivery(not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If your glass item arrives damaged, you can open a Not As Described Dispute. The seller will be told to send you return shipping, and when the glass shows Delivered (again not shipped, delivered), you will be refunded.

The seller may allow you to provide photos of the damaged item rather than pay for the return of a box of shards.

Was there a problem with the third item?

BTW- you can't cancel the purchase. Only the seller can do that, although one accepted reason is "buyer request".

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Buying

Sorry for the confusion. Same seller, 2 of the items where cancelled by him after me winning the auction. I was waiting for him to include shipping fees to the invoice. He said he couldn't find a contact for me to let me know he wouldn't ship to canada. Another lie because we spoke many time during the auctions and he know I am in Canada. And he decided to sell my 2 pieces to someone else instead. All that days after the auction ended and I was the winner. Nobody bid on the items so I got these for a good price. I have several messages we shared during the auctions and the shipping issue never came out. Evidently the same person who got other glass pieces from him wanted mines too and offered more money under the table? Really **bleep**....
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Buying

So he "cancelled" two purchases and is refusing to ship the third?

You can report to Customer Service if he used "Buyer Request"  as a reason, since you did not agree, but I'm afraid that "Problem With Address" would be pretty well bulletproof, even with your Messaging.

For the third, which I gather he has not cancelled, you can open an Item Not Received dispute.

I'd try to start that soon. I'm not sure if you can open it before the last estimated delivery date, because that date is partly based on when he ships and the service he chooses.  Try anyway.

If you end up emailing with Customer Service, remember that the overseas reps are working in their second or third language , and the US reps graduated from the American public school system and are working minimum wage jobs.

So make everything very very simple.

Item One- > transaction number-> reason for not shipping.

Item Two_> transaction number-> reason for not shipping.

Item Three_> transaction number-> not shipped as of March 20, 2020

Ask for a refund, not a replacement.

If he's unwilling to ship, the transactions are not going to happen-- whether the other customer exists or not.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Buying

If you end up emailing with Customer Service, remember that the overseas reps are working in their second or third language , and the US reps graduated from the American public school system and are working minimum wage jobs.

So make everything very very simple."

Condescending and demeaning towards your peers, task, task!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Buying

@brettjet38 wrote:

"So make everything very very simple."

Condescending and demeaning towards your peers, task, task!

Nonsense. English is a easy language to muck up. 

Why do want to make the job more difficult for customer service reps?

For example, if you want to get your intended meaning across you use "tsk" not "task".

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Buying

sounds pretty sketchy.  Whatever the reason you aren't getting your item so the transaction needs to be cancelled by someone.  Looks like he isn't going to do it, so by all means you can do it yourself.  Make sure you state the reason why in your message.  Its easy to do.  Nothing is coming back to you on your end, you did nothing wrong.  if you paid, you can file an item not received claim or a PayPal claim as well if you paid thru that method.  

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Buying

mcrlmn
Community Member
"few weeks ago"
Is there an order to cancel?
You've been waiting for an invoice for a few weeks?
Did you pay for anything?
Was any transaction completed?
Latest estimated date of delivery?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Buying

Nearly 25% of Canadians were not born in this country.  Including me and DH,who manages to be both an immigrant and UEL.

And that doesn't count francophone and indigenous Canadians for whom English is not their mother tongue.

Using plain language is an important part of communicating clearly.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Buying

I waited for a new invoice with shipping fees, wrote to him to ask and is answer was....decided to sell the glass to someone else local. During both auctions he never mentioned no shipping to Canada, we spoke several times about our work in stained glass..One other reasons was ...he didn't have a contact to reach me... ???? We sent so many messages trough Ebay....I think because I won these items for a low bid, and he wasn't happy, the moment someone else offered more he didn't think twice to screw with me. In the end when I cancelled the other order about a book and told him how **bleep** I was, he turned the table around blaming me... I am unprofessional he said to cancel an order and to not pay... I couldn't pay because an invoice with no shipping fees doesn't work. I can't understand ...there are no rules on ebay for this kind of **bleep**ty business? What ebay will do about this seller?
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Buying

Thank you for your kind comment, yes I am Italian, French Australian mix and yes especially when I am mad my English it's bad....hehehe...
Message 11 of 11
latest reply