Counterfeit Shimano bicycle chain

shikyos
Community Member

I recently purchased a Shimano  bicycle chain from a HK dealer.  It is a counterfeit item. The chain didn't come with a Shimano breakable pin. I think this is probably enough explanation for people who regularly ride and maintain bicycles.

I've been shopping on eBay for probably 20 years, and I have got several counterfeit items as Window 7 OS, Compact Flush cards, etc.. Since all of them came from the same destination,  I should be smarten up. I didn't complain about previous purchases, since when I noticed I got fake items, those sellers had been disappeared from eBay, or had stopped selling under the same name.

I think everybody shopping on eBay, should think 50 times before purchasing any brand name items from sellers of the area.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I am always wary about sellers who hide the identity of their buyers.

Also your seller has several Negs and neutrals but what bugs me it they also have 23 negs or neutrals that they managed to get the buyers to change to Positive feedback.

Have you left the appropriate feedback and DSRs yet.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

shikyos
Community Member

No I haven't yet left my feedback.

I am waiting for what the seller is going to say and also what eBay

is going to do on the seller. I will leave a very negative feedback even if they refund me everything including a return postage.

The chain I got is 251116161321.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

unfortunately it appears ebay doesn't care if fraudulent items are sold on ebay, as long as they get their cut. 

Their inaction is implied consent.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

desertrosegarden
Community Member

yes ebay is profiting greatly off of counterfeit sales, if the statistics are that 9 out of every 10 listings is counterfeit, then Ebay's profit margin would shrink to a mere 10% of what it is currently. Clearly, they cannot allow this to happen, so the reports for fake items probably get deleted when you press submit. It is all nothing but an illusion they must keep up, for liability purposes. in fact I wouldn't even be surprised if they won't publish this. We must take a stand to this, it would be better to have no ebay, than a completely 100% corrupt one. I saw a blog where someone posted a very clever nickname for this ruthless website - EvilBay! How accurate. Lets all stop using ebay, or demand that they truly stop allowing counterfeits to be sold, not allowing any seller who sold one to continue selling, and allow anyone who bought a fake to get a refund with out having to send it back to the seller in perfect condition (out of you own pocket) so it could be resold. C'mon people Stand up for your rights as a buyer. Who's with me?

Look for my guides on recognizing fake items before buying, which is what we all need start doing..

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I do not see where you left feedback?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

desertrosegarden
Community Member

if anyone is interested, places to not buy from, who have the worst reputations for selling fakes;

China (without exception)

Taiwan (without exception)

Austrailia    (i think they are dealing with china)

BC Canada (they are dealing with china for sure because it is so close, just across the

pacific ocean)

Some places in UK

Some places in US

the worst part is that some US, UK and Canadian sellers could be buying fakes from china in bulk and selling them without knowing they were duped. You really can't be too carefull anymore, my suggestion is just suck it up an pay retail, you will save the headache and hassle which may be a better deal.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

^

I refuses to buy branded items from China just because you know your getting fakes.

I buy tons of generic items that have similar quality to the real thing. It's a lot of work finding good quality factories in China but when you find one you just check off another one on your supply list.

Just like US & Canadians sellers that claim to be selling Otto Box's & Invisible Shields at such low costs $10-20 each on eBay, no way they're getting the real item from China as those companies own the factories that make the item.

They're getting fakes, sure the quality can be so close to the real thing but your getting a fake. The seller knows what they're doing even if they deny it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply