Digitnow135

Has anyone bought a Digitnow135 Scanner from seller in China ?

They say that the item ships from Canada, and I want to confirm their shipping address, in case a return is required.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Digitnow135

mcrlmn
Community Member

Last year, I came across 300+ slides and about the same number of old photos and negatives in my mother's attic.

I decided it was worth my time, and reluctantly my money, to digitally preserve them.

A lot of memories and history were degrading with time or would be overlooked; particularly the obsolete slides and their inconvenient format .

I have fond memories of Saturday night slide shows 60 years ago,  the sound of the projector as my father pushed one after another through it, and what would appear on the screen next.

I'm rambling, so to get to the point...

I did a lot of looking around, reading reviews, and price checking.

IMO move on, do not buy this product or any other similar compact film and slide converter/scanner.

The reproduction quality is generally poor, and the scanner may not be compatible with your OS.

Beware of cheap knock-offs, and as I've said ad nauseam, only purchase electronic items from certified distributors. You will save yourself a lot of grief.

There is no 'too good to be true' deal, and there is no quick fix toward transferring your media to digital format.

Depending on the quantity, such a project can require a significant amount of patience and time.

You don't need to be wasting any of it chasing down any dubious Asian seller to get your money back.

My advise...

Buy a slide, negative, and film adapter for your flatbed scanner:

11.jpeg

If you don't have a decent scanner, there are $150-$200  listings from reputable distributors that will produce quality results.

I bought an Epson Perfection V550 photo, film, and document scanner on sale at Staples.

Deals come up weekly at various distributors and office supply outlets; maybe even Costco.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Digitnow135

If a return is required because the item is Not As Described, the seller pays for the return.

So that is one concern that is unnecessary.

You have 30 days from delivery to open Disputes in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

You could use Contact Seller to ask their Canadian address. Their response would give you a clue about their business practices.

So will their Feedback.

Not so much the numbers as the patterns. Complaints about poor quality, slow delivery, and difficult communication.

Also look at their FB Left for Others.

But you probably are better off buying from a Canadian company with a B&M address -- like Henry's, who do, or used to, sell on eBay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply