Ebay Problem - need ebay employee help

I will explain this in detail - I need someone from eBay to help....your contact through any sort of message system is a terrible , impossible to work with, and obviously made difficult to prevent contact......now i understand why Alibaba and Amazon are such a great alternative to buying and selling...anyways, I dont mean to digress.

I purchased 10 items from a seller on eBay, they required immediate payment and I completed that. I tried tried to contact the seller to confirm info about the listing , through eBay and through the email address that was linked through paypal. I got no reply to my multiple inquiries. Upon searching the email address I discovered that the email address was in China and not in the USA as the product was advertised. After waiting a reasonable time after no response or shipping action from the seller I requested to cancel the sale, a day after that was sent the seller suddenly declined the cancellation and then marked the items as "shipped". The tracking number used is an obvious fake and not linked to or belong to any sort of shipping company. I reported this to eBay and the item then was updated by eBay "We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about." bla bla bla...and to visit the resolution center.......this is the stage I am at now. The first step is to "send a request to the seller"..I try to do this and select the "refund" option and enter the qty of 10, it says invalid qty and will not allow moving forward in any manner..........someone from eBay please help, I have wasted so much time on this (and I will NOT lose that money - even if I have to take eBay to court)...I am currently waiting on the phone for someone to help, as I was the day before..and before......

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Got a hold of someone, "Dustin" was very helpful. In a case like this they have to open the dispute.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I requested to cancel the sale, a day after that was sent the seller suddenly declined the cancellation

You asked for a Mutual Cancellation and a refund?
Only the seller can open the MC, and of course only the seller at this point can refund.
Which he didn’t.

The tracking number used is an obvious fake and not linked
Open a Dispute, if you haven’t
The link is
http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca/

The first step is
Which you have done. So go on to the second step — escalate to a Claim.

If more than 45 days have passed, forget eBay and Paypal and go to the credit card you really paid with (PP is just the mediator) phone the 1-800 number and ask the clerk about a chargeback. She will need dates, payment amounts, currency, transaction numbers etc to process your refund.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply