First time buying on ebay and went wrong....scammed

tgjsporting
Community Member

I buy a new WD portable externe device from a seller (sun_mimi*369).

Buy the item on 29 january. The guy had only good feedback and a lot of item sold.

The day after, 47 negative feedback (now 78) the kind of ''He is a scam '', ''Give me my money back'' etc...He went in private mode so we can't anymore reading the feedbacks.

Should I open a dispute now? wait to see if i receive an empty box before report it?

It's the first time I buy an item on ebay ,honnestly i dont know what to do. Is there a way to get my money back or i just lost my 15 $?

Thx for the help

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Since the seller is from China it can take 30 days or longer to receive your order.  eBay allows you to open a dispute up to 45 days after the transaction date.  Don't wait longer than 43 days to file, even if the seller assures you that it is "on the way".  A dispute will protect you longer than 45 days and you can close it when you receive the item.  If you do not receive it you can close the dispute and PayPal will refund your money in full.

I would contact the seller and ask if the item had been shipped.  Give him 24 to 48 hours to reply (don't count the weekend).  If the seller does not reply after 2 or 3 emails you may want to open a dispute sooner.  If he becomes NARU (Not A Registered User), file a dispute immediately.  You would see this beside his user id.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I would file my claim now.

He sold about 3,000 items on the 28th and then went private.

Good enough reason to file now.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

tgjsporting
Community Member

I made the claim that i dont have receive the item is that ok? They answer me back telling me that the seller has

''The seller has responded to our requests for tracking information. Although we have not yet confirmed this information monitoring, we would like to communicate.''

I continue the claim right?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I continue the claim right?

Right.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

latte403
Community Member

Even if the seller went private on feedback, you can still check out the items that he/she sold. It looks like that this seller has pocketed over $150,000 in a few days.

This is planned advanced and the seller is now enjoying

with the money in a beach or something. Claim paypal now!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

shannonshopsalot
Community Member

I'd say to keep going with what you're doing, document everything, and try to keep it on file... Not sure if losing any type of document could screw you over in the end, so just to be sure, you should keep track of all that... also i'm sure paypal is going to sort this all out for you in the end... good luck

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Your seller is now NARUed

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Alhough no one will know, i'm sure eBay will be calling in the authortities if the above amount is accurate.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

tiedyemoon
Community Member

Attention all Ebay buyers.

There are some serious scams going on with sellers in China.

They range from computer equipment to paintings.

You will receive a worthless coin instead of the item you thought you purchased so that the seller can furnish a tracking number.

Scores of buyers are getting burned every week!!!!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Scores of sellers get burned everyday from fraudulent buyers.

It's just the cost of doing business, at least buyers can get protected but us Sellers eat the costs.

It's just the risks we take...

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

For chinese goods just shop with US sellers .. ITems might be a buck or 2 more but the sellers can usually be trusted and you get item alot quicker...

there are 100's of US sellers that just saell chinese goods and knockoffs so just pay the extra $1 or 2

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Re: the Seller went Private Feedback?

I could be wrong or maybe something has changed but I was under the impression that Seller's could not have Private feedback?

Enlighten me ~ have the rules changed?

Thanks!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Re: the Seller went Private Feedback?

I could be wrong or maybe something has changed but I was under the impression that Seller's could not have Private feedback?

Enlighten me ~ have the rules changed?

Thanks!

Once a seller has no more items for sale they can change their Feedback

to Private.

However when they decide to start selling again they have to make their

Feedback Public untill all sales are done and then they can make it private again.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply