How long does eBay/Pay Pal have my back for?

sich-2067
Community Member

I returned an item because it wasn't as described and now I'm waiting for the item to arrive back to the seller and awaiting refund. In case the seller doesn't refund me, how long until eBay or Pay Pal no longer supports me and I am on my own? 

it says that "If you have not received your refund yet, just ask us to step in and help below before Mar 29, 2019" . Can I contact them after the date?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sich-2067 wrote:

I returned an item because it wasn't as described and now I'm waiting for the item to arrive back to the seller and awaiting refund. In case the seller doesn't refund me, how long until eBay or Pay Pal no longer supports me and I am on my own? 

it says that "If you have not received your refund yet, just ask us to step in and help below before Mar 29, 2019" . Can I contact them after the date?

For eBay that would be their deadline. Wait no longer than March 28 or eBay will assume everything is okay.

Deadline for PayPal is 180 days from date of purchase.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@sich-2067 wrote:

For eBay that would be their deadline. Wait no longer than March 28 or eBay will assume everything is okay.

Deadline for PayPal is 180 days from date of purchase.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ah i saw your reply too late. I just asked eBay to step in now...
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

quick update: i asked ebay to step in and It seems like i got my refund!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

A reminder to anyone returning a purchase
You MUST use tracking and there is a deadline on delivery so don’t use surface shipping
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

yep. my seller was unwilling to provide me with faster shipping and/or with tracking. I contacted ebay about this, but they basically said just listen to the Seller... Next time, I'll use PayPal's buyer protection, they provide shipping reimbursement up to 30 USD.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply