How should I proceed?

I purchased an item from a seller in the US on May 22. He had his handling time set up as 1 month (probably to protect himself from slow shipments due to covid). About 2 weeks ago I asked if he has a tracking number. I believe I said something along the lines of, "Do you have a tracking number? It's taking a while, but I understand the postal system is all messed up due to covid. If you have the number I could follow it's progress. If you don't, that's ok."

A simple "Don't have it, sorry" would have sufficed, but his response was a snarky, in all caps, "CHECK WITH CUSTOMS". He doesn't appear to want to think about it.

So my question is...do I reach out again as I am now at 2 months, or do I just open a case? Why would he be any more helpful the second time around?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How should I proceed?

I would not read into the reply things that are not there. The pandemic is stressing many people out, especially in the USA where it is so far worse than in Canada. You do not know his family or friends situation or the issues with shipping domestically and internationally today and claims of non arrival of goods.

I keep reading in the news and from friends and family to be compassionate and kind during this pandemic times. I agree with it and try to not overreact to anything.

I do agree with you that the reply you got should have been better.

Do open a case with eBay or PayPal so that you do not lose your money. If refunded and the item eventually arrives, please repay the seller.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How should I proceed?

Hopefully it is still within the 30 days past the last estimated delivery time. If it is, definitely open a case, he is obviously not interested in providing good customer service.

If it is longer than that and you paid through PP, you can open a claim there for up to 180  after purchase.  If you paid directly with your cc, you would open a claim there.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

How should I proceed?

I would not read into the reply things that are not there. The pandemic is stressing many people out, especially in the USA where it is so far worse than in Canada. You do not know his family or friends situation or the issues with shipping domestically and internationally today and claims of non arrival of goods.

I keep reading in the news and from friends and family to be compassionate and kind during this pandemic times. I agree with it and try to not overreact to anything.

I do agree with you that the reply you got should have been better.

Do open a case with eBay or PayPal so that you do not lose your money. If refunded and the item eventually arrives, please repay the seller.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

How should I proceed?

@pjcdn2005 

If you paid directly with your cc, you would open a claim there.

Off topic --but if a buyer pays a Managed Payments seller using Apple Pay, where does the buyer go to Dispute a failed transaction?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply