I didn't receive my shipment for three months

I ordered a mouse from China back in December 29, 2019 and it is supposed to arrive in January 20. But then in March, it was still listed as in transit. Should I contact the seller to demand that they track the item?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The seller will only be able to find out what you already know..that the item is in transit and could be lost.   eBay's money back guarantee is valid for 30 days past the last estimated delivery date so if that date was January 20th, it is already past that time.  But if you paid through Paypal or a credit card, you can open an item not received claim there.

You could contact the seller first and ask them for a refund but if they offer to send you another item, insist on the refund as it could be a delay tactic.  I wouldn't give them more than a day or two to refund you and if they don't then definitely open a claim at PP or with your credit card company.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@chester-9154 

If something doesn't arrive in the "scheduled" time frame, it never hurts to follow up with the seller. If you have tracking that's a bonus when it works. Once a seller ships something they have very little control once it leaves their location. It's being handled by many people. Internationally it could be stuck somewhere in customs. Lots of reasons for delays. And it's not like the seller can go somewhere to find it and tell it to move faster. When it reaches the expected time for delivery and passes that's when its time to proceed with the different things in place with eBay and PayPal or your Credit Card if purchased with that method. Just general advise.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You have 180 days from payment to dispute the transaction.

The credit card's Chargeback policy will vary from card to card. Phone the 1-800 number on the card or your monthly invoice.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply