I think I'm being scammed by a seller.

owenewto_1
Community Member

I was trying to buy an SP 404SX from a seller. I thought they would be trust worthy because of their rating but what happened is that after my ability to cancel the order was no longer optional, they message me telling me that the item sold on another website and that they forget to withdraw the item here on ebay. They then told me that I can choose for them to ship me another item that's 100 dollars cheaper and not the one I want. The funny thing is, is that they have the listing back up already. So if it were already purchased then why is it up again? I might be getting scammed $600 dollars... I don't know how to contact ebay reliably, and I can't cancel the order. I need major help before this become irreversable.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

He's the one who need to cancel the order, not you! With ''out of stock'' as reason. Not sure if he try to scam but he clearly try to manipulate to avoid a seller defect... When a seller cancel an order because he's out of stock that's not good at all for him, i think ebay punish him in the algorithm. I don't understand why he would relist instead of shipping it to you though

Seems like a very dishonest seller, i puke when i see that those kind of persons are making money. There's a lot 

I can't help more i'm not experimented enough, some in here will for sure but i don't think you'll lose any money, buyers are so protected on ebay

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Message the seller and tell them you don't want a replacement, that you want a refund.  I have no idea why they relisted the item instead of sending it to you but they are obviously not trustworthy so it's probably best not to deal with them.  Unfortunately, if they don't cancel the transaction for you, an item not received claim can't be filed on ebay until after the last estimated delivery date.  However, if you paid with Paypal you can file a claim with them or if you paid with a credit card you can do a chargeback with them.  But first give the seller a chance to cancel the transaction as when they do, you will automatically be refunded though it may take a few days to be put back into your payment source.   Although I can understand why this is stressful, they aren't going to be able to keep your money.

Just a head's up...be careful when overseas sellers are sending via courier as the courier would be charging tax, duty if applicable as well as various brokerage fees.  Customs often charges tax and duty being sent through the mail as well but the handling/brokerage fees are usually quite a bit less.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page and most other pages.

The reason would be Not Received.

The seller has only a few days to get your purchase in the mail before you can open the Dispute.

The Resolution Centre is automated and very straightforward.

There is no reason in such a straightforward case to get any human being involved.

If you have problems, you can go to Paypal for a refund for 180 days from your payment, again the reason being Not Recieved. But the Resolution Centre should be your first step.

With all you have told us, I agree that the seller should be cancelling the order and he should be ready to accept a Defect for listing an item which is Out Of Stock.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply