Is there a way to report an item or contact Ebay if it has been over 45 days since purchase?

dburkey15
Community Member

I bought an item a few months back from ebay, a week later I bought the same item from a retail store. Both items seemed to wear out and stop working well before the suggested time frame. After contacting the manufacturing company and so on they informed me to send them back because it didn't seem right. I sent back four of the total six items (three per package) and awaited a response. Since then the manufacturing company has called me and said they will replace two of the items but the other two were counterfeit and they could not do anything about that, these two could only have come from ebay. 

I don't expect to get my money back or anything but I think this should be reported. The seller has several listings of the same product as well as plenty others which I would imagine some have to be fake. They sell a lot of items and advertise them all as authentic. I tried to use the contact and help section but if the item is over 45 days old it is a vicious circle with no end to try and get a hold of someone. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is there a way to report an item or contact Ebay if it has been over 45 days since purchase?

Each listing has a report listing link. It is on the right side of the page across from the shipping and payments tab. But ebay doesn't often act upon another ebay members report about counterfeits because they they do not know how accurate the information is.

The best thing to do is to report the seller to the manufacturing company. If they tell ebay that the seller has counterfeit items then ebay will remove the items.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

these two could only have come from ebay. 

Really? I've seen counterfeit Anne Klein clothing in Zellers.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply