Item purchased from China

In the last year, I have purchased a few items from China (usually under 10$ items)

in about 50% of the purchased, I never received the item.

After contacting the seller, he offers to send another package with the same item since the delay is too long (usually over 45 open days)

the weird part is that I never receive either the 1st delivery nor the 2nd

when I contact the seller, they agree to refund the purchase without any issue

but still, never did I receive the items after refund although it was supposed to be sent, and resent.

I do not want to report fraud on the item as I do not know if it is fraud on the seller part who tries to get paid and never ships the item or canadian or chinese shipping issues.

There is no other way to report this kind of case on ebay, please advise if this happened to someone else.

I am thinking of not buying in China anymore as I had too many issues in the last year.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi emak,

Had few bad experience with China sellers ''never received and never refunded''... so I decid to focus my purchase with CDN and USA sellers or when I bought ''Int'l'', I only go with who I have a good history.

But I also, with all those experiences, found ''VERY'' good contacts in China. So I think, like everywhere else, you will find most of the sellers very good and honest people.

Cheers,

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have been buying my Supplies from a seller in China now for quite awhile and I have had great luck with him. I have had Orders in 7 days while others have taken as long as 3 weeks but they have always arrived with no hassle. So when I getting down on Bubble Envelopes I always order them early.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

the weird part is that I never receive either the 1st delivery nor the 2nd

That's because the items never existed and were never shipped.

The scammers are counting on the naive buyer either waiting past the 45 day deadline for Not Received Disputes, or forgetting that there ever was a purchase.

It's a relatively new scam, only a couple of years old, but while it started in China, other crooks have picked up on it.

First.

Read the feedback before ordering. Not just the numbers but also the negative and neutral comments. Look for patterns "Didn't receive replacement. Refunded." would be a red flag. As would "Never received."

Then.

Don 't order from anyone with less than 99% feedback. It's not good enough.

And.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

There are many good sellers in China, as anywhere, but there are also some very bad sellers.

Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail.-- Hoban Washburne

Message 4 of 4
latest reply