Minor Issue: Combined Shipping

I am not overly concerned as this is a small purchase but have a comment.

The seller states on their ad  that they combine shipping. Based on that I purchased two cards and messaged them that I would appreciate them invoicing me for the two cards. No response a day later. So I message them again requesting the invoice with combined shipping. Still no response.

I am going to go ahead and pay for both cards paying shipping for each of the cards separately. This is the first time I have failed to receive a response from a seller and this person having only had 15 sales I will put this up to their being unfamiliar or ignorant of the process, however I am sure they know how to respond to a message.

If I continue to not receive a response I will no longer deal with this person.

Hopefully I receive the cards.

What would you do?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller remedied this issue. Thanks for all the responses, I learned a few things from you all.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Did you put them in your cart and request a total? That's the new way to do it.

If you are lucky, the seller may already have combined shipping rules set up and you will see that by putting the items in your cart. You can also see those rules in the "shipping" tab of the listing.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No I didn't do that. I will try that. Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Upon paying for the cards it was stated that this seller does not offer combined shipping, however it does state on their add that they do offer combined shipping. So it is after you are the winning bidder you find that combined shipping "is not offered".

A bit deceiving of this seller.

This will be the first time I might leave negative feedback as they do not communicate and have a deceiving ad.  

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I’ve heard both buyers and sellers complain that the cart ‘does not combine’ message is being shown to buyers even though the seller does want to combine the shipping.  In some cases the seller may have missed a setting in their preferences but in other cases it seems that there is a problem with the cart itself or with the way ebay has set up the cart. The seller  should have replied to your other messages so I can understand being annoyed about that.  But it’s possible that the does not combine message is not the sellers fault.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I do not leave feedback until I receive the cards, so I can wait.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Seller remedied this issue. Thanks for all the responses, I learned a few things from you all.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@roadie16 wrote:

I'm glad everything worked out. But "pjcdn2005" is right in the sense that the message you got from eBay when asking for the total is not the seller's fault. It's something that was not set up right in their seller settings and eBay is not informing anyone about this glitch. There's a solution for this in the boards here somewhere, but I can't remember exactly what to do since I have corrected that glitch myself a long time ago.

Anyway, if you got your combined shipping, that's perfect!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes, all worked out well. There was a minor issue to repair. I really did not want to leave a negative and and glad that I will not have to. Because they are relatively new to eBay I was just thinking not leave any comment at all.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm new to selling and made the mistake of not filling out rules in the shipping section properly to initiate combined shipping for buyers. I didn't catch my mistake until an international buyer bought and paid for a few items. Although I had not yet shipped the items, the changes did not effect the buyers shipping cost. I tried contacting buyer but no reply. I hope buyer is happy because all I could do was ship buyer extra items to make up for the money I made in shipping cost.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

It's also possible to use Paypalto make a partial refund from the payment.
Paypal's Send Money service can also be used for this.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply