Purchases on eBay

Has anyone discovered a way to retrieve payment details(Link to payment record) for ebay  purchases in Sellers Hub? In the past they were easy to find between eBay & PayPal. Now that your payment is routed indirectly there does not seem to be any link to the payment within eBay.  Bank or CC payments just show an eBay transaction by date with amount. eBay transactions in PayPal show the details if payment was made that way.....Sometimes.

• Transaction paid by PayPal with a buyer in Ontario shows item details in Paypal.No link to payment
  • Transaction for shipping supplies(Paypal) shows the amount and date. No seller info or item details.
  • Recent purchase paid by bank balance no confirmation email. Purchase details show paid by CC/Debit Card. Bank balance shows eBay, amount and date.
  • Even 2 balances are in play it's even messier.

Compares to how poorly thought out the FVF charge breakdown displays for US/Can/Intl transactions. No consistency. What % being applied to each product type? % being charged to shipping and the amount they are using? ProvTax/GST being charged on each line vs the subtotal. Soooooo missing the detailed information PayPal & eBay provided when they were linked in the past and getting an actual invoice!!!!!!

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Purchases on eBay

Your post is a bit unclear.

Are you talking about purchases (as a buyer) or about sales (as a seller) or both?

https://www.ebay.ca/myb/PurchaseHistory

To the best of my knowledge, purchase details has never had a direct link to purchase method.

You can add a note when you buy if that is important for your record keeping.

Managed Payments records does leave (based on 1 week experience) something to be desired for Sellers. Info is scattered across 4+ pages. The homework (percentage rate used and value it is applied to) is not shown -- although you can reverse engineer the details, you shouldn't need to.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Purchases on eBay

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

Are you talking about purchases (as a buyer) or about sales (as a seller) or both?

Managed Payments records does leave (based on 1 week experience) something to be desired for Sellers. Info is scattered across 4+ pages. The homework (percentage rate used and value it is applied to) is not shown -- although you can reverse engineer the details, you shouldn't need to.

-..-

Purchases as a buyer specifically.

As for FVF's the display is very random to my eye. And if multiple units are involved there is no extending.  9.85 for 1 with no extension for 2 units. If multiple different items details are very messy. I always have believed things should display like a standard B&M store. Sadly eBay gets a fail when it comes to showing their math.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Purchases on eBay

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

https://www.ebay.ca/myb/PurchaseHistory

To the best of my knowledge, purchase details has never had a direct link to purchase method.

You can add a note when you buy if that is important for your record keeping.

-..-

As I recall there used to be a link directly to your PayPal payment sent & received. As features have been removed so frequently it's difficult to recall specific dates and sequences of events. I had a folder with Payments received. It is now almost empty(Stragglers from 2019/2020). Part of our past way to reference specific details from buyers/sellers we used to have no issue accessing. We also no longer have access to any notes a buyer may send with their payment unless and this is a big unless they send as a separate email. eg. Thanks for your listing. Deliver to side door. Mail with stamps....

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply