Receive the wrong item, what feedback should I left

chamkacte
Community Member

Hi,

I recently bought a relatively high priced watch on Ebay. The seller has a 100% feedback, so I felt confortable to do business with him. 2 days later, I receive my watch, but not exactly my watch ; same brand, same collection, but not my watch. Mine has chronograph, but no diamonds. Mine is limited edition of 150 pieces. This one is also limited edition, but of 500 pieces. 

I open a dispute on paypal. the seller answers quikly :

"Hi there,

I am very sorry about this. It looks like we have two (the brand) watches and the wrong one mistakenly shipped to you. The boxes look identical so the wrong watch was shipped out. I will get the proper watch shipped out immediately and you may return that one to us at your convenience. You may use a cheap method and we will reimburse you for the shipping. The proper watch is being sent out today via FedEx Express International. Again, I sincerely apologize for this and will rectify the mistake immediately. Sincerely,"

He did it.

There is some problem with costums and he always do his best to help me having my watch, without paying 2 time taxes.

Shipping the wrong item is, to me, a lack of professionnalism, but it's understandable. he did his best to correct the situation.

What feedback should I left him ? Negatif is out of the question. but neutre? or positif? I don't know!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

IF they correct it promplyt and take on all extra cost Without questions I would say positive.. Mistake happen doesn't matter who you are but it is how the mistake is corrected that should count because nobodies perfect.,.

Were they corperate or mom and pop shop? I ask because of  the professional Comment I mean if they are mom and pop shop they are probably not professional  like myself ..

I once had a buyer say the customers always right and I replied I am a customer too and I have been wrong 100 times . Then proceeded with immediate attention to the situation with a few apologies and covered all costs and everything worked out perfect..

Corperate stores try to live by the customers always right thing but even before I became a mill operator I woked in customers service for about 6 years and altough most people are general verry nice and good people they were usually wrong about what they thought or what they wanted or what the price should be .

I treat all my customers very well and never tell them when they are wrong but wow alot of them are wrong mostly on what they figure shipping should cost, or buying Free shipping and really thinking it's free or buying from a seller with tax included and the customer thinks their not paying tax etc.

I say Positive with maybe a comment of error made promptly correct thank you  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Positive feedback should be left. Anyone can make a mistake, and in this case they went the extra mile to rectify their mistake. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

When the seller does nothing and leaves you dandling....that's the time for - FB

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Gol darn it I meant dangling.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Your seller made honest mistake and fixed it awesomely.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You got the item you paid for with no extra costs he gets a positive. Well as long as your happy with the watch and it is as described. Everybody makes mistakes only good sellers make it right.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Have  experienced several seller errors over the years, all remedied 'awesomely'.    I indicated that the seller rectified the problem to my complete satisfaction ( usually they then went over and above satisfying) and left excellent PFB.  

I feel that gives an even higher sense of trust to other buyers, knowing  that they are indeed trustworthy and conscientious sellers.  Even in the best of circumstances, 'stuff happens'.  

Having said that, I'm not scot-free in the buyer error dept., either, but those couple of sellers have graciously corrected my faux pas (s) without fanfare or disparaging FB, and rec'd complimentary FB from me thanking them for expediently making  things right on my behalf.

I also once received an item that was not what I expected,  but  when I re-read the listing, I got exactly what was listed, and left PFB for a great transaction, w/o noting  that I now had a useless widget!  ( ASK QUESTIONS!!!)

PS  Freudian slip, queenpalmer? 😉

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My opinion is, when a seller makes an honest mistake like this, they can either shine, or show their true colors.

When a seller goes out of their way, even incurring expenses at no cost to you, to fix the issue. I say that's a big positive and would personally leave glowing feedback for the seller.

Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, it's how the mistakes are handled that separate the best from the rest.

It sounds to me like your seller deserves a pat on the back.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

" what feedback should I left"

In this instance, based on the information you provided, positive, without question.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply