Returned item in limbo

minaaura
Community Member

Hi All,

I have a situation and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Last month I received an item that was SNAD. I ended up having to open a case and had to go back and forth with the seller before they finally agreed to refund me the item price plus part of the original shipping fee. After they agreed I shipped the item back to them right away using Expedited parcel to the US. The parcel arrived at their postal facility or post office 5 days later and has been sitting there eversince. After waiting 2 weeks for them to deliver the parcel I decided to give the USPS a call to see if they can investigate why it hasn't been delivered but they told me I have to reach out to Canada Post. So I call Canada Post and they tell me that since the parcel has reached the USPS office, they consider it successfully delivered and can't do anything to help me. I was advised to contact the seller and ask them to visit their local post office to see if they can pick it up. So I explained the situation to the seller and asked if they can go check but they haven't responded. It's been 4 days. My case automatically closes in 6 days and at this point I really have no idea what to do. I will be out a pretty good bit of cash and I don't want to absorb the loss because it really wasn't my fault they seller wasn't honest in their listing. I'm hoping you guys can help 😞

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Returned item in limbo

If the payment was made through PayPal, I suggest you call PayPal and proceed with a claim.

You are entitled to a 100% refund of the price of the goods plus 100% of the original shipping charge.

Any disclaimer by the seller to the contrary in the listing is irrelevant.  PayPal will refund you 100% of the original transaction (including shipping) if all requirements have been followed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Returned item in limbo

minaaura
Community Member

Thanks for your reply Pierre. I'm wondering though, since I opened a case with eBay, should I not take any action through eBay but go with Paypal instead? What should I do about the claim on eBay?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Returned item in limbo

Call PayPal and ask them exactly what to do.  They will guide you through the process.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Returned item in limbo

minaaura
Community Member

I just called eBay and I think I'm out of luck. Ebay said there's nothing they can do unless I provide proof that the item has been delivered. But the item hasn't been delivered and is sitting at the post office or maybe it has but wasn't scanned. I'm really not sure. Canada Post says that because the it arrived at the USPS office, it is considered as "delivered" and they can't do anything to help me. USPS won't open an investigation and says it's Canada Post's job to. I just need to know what happened to the item and whether it's been delivered/picked up or maybe lost. I can't believe there isn't a reasonable protocol for issues like this 😞 And I can't claim any insurance either because CP says the item has been "delivered".

I think Paypal will tell me the same thing, that I need to provide proof. I can't prove anything and I don't think Paypal will make the seller go to their post office to pick it up. All the seller has to do is go to their post office but it doesn't seem like they're willing to cooperate. Do I have any other options? I'm really at a loss.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Returned item in limbo

I think Paypal will tell me the same thing, that I need to provide proof.

Perhaps, but I would phone them anyways. Their reps seem to be much more knowledgeable than ebay reps. Plus, I have heard although I don't know it firsthand, that in a situation like this, Paypal considers the item returned if it can be shown that it is at the post office in the seller's city.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Returned item in limbo

minaaura
Community Member

thanks guys 🙂 I just called Paypal and they said I should open a case with Paypal as well. After I got off the call, I tried doing so but couldn't because Paypal says I already have the same case open with eBay 😞

Message 7 of 7
latest reply