SCAM

Could someone tell me how to check ITEM # 282372521419 to see if it is a scam?

When I did a search of the item it appeared to be one of those deals thats to good to be true. Are people allowed to do this on EBAY?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

SCAM

Zero feedback buyer, free worldwide shipping via FedEx, item cost too good to be true.....I would say it's absolutely a scam.

No it isn't allowed on eBay to sell something g you have no intention of sending out but eBay does not check each listing to see if the selling price is realistic or not.  You can report it as a possible fraudulent  listing and they may look at it. They may also look into it because of the high number of sales in such a short time.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Thank you for the reply, just wondering, in the case of a scam dealing with EBAY and PAYPAL would the SELLER get away with the money and would it be worth it to them?

and thanks again

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

I haven't checked the listing but, in general, I don't know how selling invisible items by imaginary sellers could ever be profitable, with the ebay 30-day Money Back Guarantee and paypal's 180 days of protection, not to mention the 21-day hold on funds in the first place. There are checks and balances to prevent fake sellers from getting away with this type of fraud. Regardless, as a buyer, I would not take the chance. My peace of mind is too valuable. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Yes, and I for one should certainly be old enough to know better, BUT I seen several other more experienced EBAY'ers  than I bought the item so I bought also.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Well, hope springs eternal. Maybe all will be well. I've looked now and see 40 sold in the past 24 hours and 25 people are watching it. What does an item such as this normally sell for? 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

From what I have found, prices range from $80 to $150 US

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

That explains the rapid sales. Free (international) shipping no less. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

L.O.L....as our parents preached to us when we were kids, IF SO AND SO JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE WOULD YOU FOLLOW,... well hell no I draw the line at bridges.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

So now the seller has disappeared, can anyone tell me how we get our money back, there seems to be no way of contacting EBAY?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Listing is gone.... not found......

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Get your money back?

(1) Call eBay

(2) Call Paypal...

and then.......

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Oh my gosh. Yes, go straight to PayPal.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

Just a quick update, I got a hold of ebay by phone but you cant open a claim until 7 days after the sale.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

SCAM

You paid?

Sigh.

Go to Paypal and find the transaction.

Copy the transaction number.

Open the Resolution Centre at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

Don't bother with the suggestion that you Contact the Seller.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

State in the Claim that the listing has been removed and that the seller is NotARegistered User (NARU) (if that is true).

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded,

There may be a short delay if the scammer has hacked a dormant account.

There may be a short delay if the seller can provide a tracking number. But he still has to show delivery.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply