Seller never seemed to mail item

What an odd purchase on Ebay.  The seller used Ebay's Global Shipping Program.  Has nearly 100% feedback

but a few dings this past year.  I won an auction for about 23.00 US.  I live in Canada and have made lots of purchases

from US buyers using the GSP.  As anyone knows buying this way you get emails all along the way. 

I never received any notifications in this case.  When I would try to see how it was going there never was any info.

I thought that the seller didn't enter the right tracking.  I waited and when the package was over due by a week I contacted

the seller.  Now Ebay resolved and I'm waiting for a refund.  When I click on the updated tracking it shows a label was created

but that the carrier never received the package.  I really wanted this purchased item but I am wondering if the seller didn't like

the price and never mailed it.  I am puzzled.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You opened an Item Not Received Dispute with eBay and escalated it to a Claim?

The seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) to the GSP plant in Kentucky?

You should have your refund almost immediately.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, look there to see if the refund has arrived.

When I click on the updated tracking it shows a label was created

but that the carrier never received the package. 

I wonder if the seller knew she was enrolled in the GSP, and, knowing you are in Canada but the label shows as Kentucky, froze.

Many sellers, especially newbies, were enrolled in the GSP without their knowledge.

Because enrolling the least experienced and most nervous sellers in an international shipping program couldn't possibly be any problem.

Ya think?

It is a comment on how rare international sales are for US sellers that this stupid idea was dropped about two years ago. and we are still running into sellers who find out they are enrolled when they make their very first international sale.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You opened an Item Not Received Dispute with eBay and escalated it to a Claim?

The seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) to the GSP plant in Kentucky?

You should have your refund almost immediately.

If you back your PP account with a credit card, look there to see if the refund has arrived.

When I click on the updated tracking it shows a label was created

but that the carrier never received the package. 

I wonder if the seller knew she was enrolled in the GSP, and, knowing you are in Canada but the label shows as Kentucky, froze.

Many sellers, especially newbies, were enrolled in the GSP without their knowledge.

Because enrolling the least experienced and most nervous sellers in an international shipping program couldn't possibly be any problem.

Ya think?

It is a comment on how rare international sales are for US sellers that this stupid idea was dropped about two years ago. and we are still running into sellers who find out they are enrolled when they make their very first international sale.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Don't panic, its the way things go.  I won over 20 pools and items from Sept 29 to Nov 09 and received nothing at all, except

after a time Ebay paid me for all.  Not right at all.  Sellers from China. Another buyer advised me that if bid too low, seller

won't want to take a $ hit and therefor won't send. Ebay will pay.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Situations such as this are unusual. Most sellers on ebay are honest and decent, and most transactions end as they should with the buyer satisfied with the item that they bought. Did this seller's feedback give any indication of troubles to come? It is important to look at feedback for reasons such as that. 

We only ever hear about the bad that happens with online sales, I cannot think of a single instance anyone has ever posted here that they got a great item from a great seller. It is taken for granted that will be the outcome of a transaction. Only when it doesn't is it considered newsworthy. 

If it were me, I would shake this off as a one-time oddity ands invest my refund in seeking the item from another seller. 

Best of luck to you.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I won over 20 pools and items from Sept 29 to Nov 09

Silly me, I thought these were swimming pools of some sort.

What exactly were you buying that you needed TWENTY of them?

Is there a word for doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Just got the refund now. The seller has over 2,000 feedback and has tons of listings as well. I think they probably know the score with GSP. They sell world wide too. It's an odd purchase and not the most communicative seller as well. I won't leave a bad feedback. But what a waste of time.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

This person has a lot of seller experience. Surprises me that they would jeopardize their rep. They have a few dings in the past year. But their feedback is still great.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for writing. I guess I really wanted that item and was mad I didn't get it. I was thinking that they didn't like the price and was backing out in this sneaky manner. What can you do. If I don't want to sell I would
cancel and write to the buyer. Oh well.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I am very sorry to hear you had a poor experience. 

What we sometimes overlook as users on ebay is that most of these businesses on ebay are one-man (or one-woman) shows. I also have 1000+ positive feedback and 1100+ items for sale but I run this operation solo. If I were to be accidentally crushed under a toppling tower of boxes while trying to dig something out from another stack of boxes to pack an order, all operations here would come to a grinding halt. My system of inventory is best described as Indiana and the Temple of Doom. No one else would EVER be able to step into my shoes and do what I do. And then when accidents and unpleasantries in life arise, we are not always ready for them. Your seller may have had a sudden family emergency and neglected to put the listings on hold while he or she attended to them. 

Or it may be their silent protest to being enrolled in the GSP without their knowledge.

You'd hope they'd had better communication, but that doesn't seem to have happened in this case. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Maureen- What you need is the Safety Umbrella from Wayne Industries that was introduced on Powerless a couple of episodes back. they have almost solved the accidental decapitation side effect.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

That's fantastic, exactly what I need here in my cave of toy wonders. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

No should open the dispute with PayPal not eBay!!  Anything with GSP must go through PayPal, otherwise you won't get the full refund from eBay.  That is how GSP works!!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

That's really not the case.

My last GSP item arrived with serious damages.

I opened a SNAD via ebay and the seller denied responsibility of the damage, saying it was the GSP's fault. I escalated the claim.

Ebay almost immediately refunded my money in full. Cost plus shipping plus import fees. The case I opened had nothing whatsoever to do with paypal.

Where it once may have been the case that getting those import fees back was a problem, it is no longer. Unless the buyer and seller try to settle it themselves in which case it could get complicated. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply