Seller sold me a tampered item

I bought a baseball card that was graded by Gem
Once received I noticed the card was off alittle so I compared it to another card I have which happened to be the same one.

The size wad different so I suspected the card may of been trimmed so I took it out of the case to confirm and indeed it was.
I contacted the seller to which I wasn't received with positive responses more of it was my problem type.
I filed a dispute got a return
Seller received it and refuses to honor the return. But no button exists to call ebay to talk about it
Nothing in the resolution center offers any help in my unique case. What can I do
We're talking over a thousand dollars here
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you get a Return or did you get a REFUND.?

If the seller refuses the return it is considered Undeliverable. 

From the point of view of a seller, if I ship to an Undeliverable address, I am not required by eBay to refund the buyer.

Your situation is the reverse.The Seller is refusing the Return.

Sellers can refuse Returns, but we cannot refuse Refunds.

I would assume that you get your refund (from eBay who will then go after the seller for their money) and eventually the card will come back to you.

I'd get in touch with Customer Service, but rather than the Utah clerks who are a little vague on details like "where is Canada?" try the FaceBook or Twitter workers who seem to have more flexibility.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Was the tracking number entered in the return case?   When the tracking is entered eBay sees that the seller has received the item and should automatically refund in 2 business days.   If you can't enter it, contact eBay customer service on Facebook or Twitter by sending a private message with the details.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The impression that I got is that the seller is refusing to refund the money now that they have the package back.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you cracked open the slab the item is now considered altered and it cannot be returned. If you suspected it was trimmed you should have just opened an INAD case and sent the item back intact.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply