Shipping theft

773eidem
Community Member

I did not receive my ebay purchase.It was a handmade Damascus knife from Pakistan.It was shipped DHL and  LOOMIS and was lost between calgary and regina.when I told them it was most likely stolen they said there was nothing they could do about it.If they will not do anything about theft they are going to have a compounding problem and they can not be trusted.I will not buy anything that is shipped buy DHL or LOOMIS so I hope sellers will try to give me options.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Shipping theft

If it has been less than 45 days then file a claim with

Paypal for Item Not Received.

I am assuming you paid with paypal.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

773eidem
Community Member

That is not the point this person got away with stealing my stuff so will very likely do it again ,

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

That is not the point this person got away with stealing HIS stuff so will very likely do it again

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

So he doesn't want his money back  :^O

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

Get your money back first.

File a report with your local police station and send a copy of the report to the Head office of the shipping company. Let them check their own records for other reports.

The company has good reason to make sure they can trust their employees. If there are records of problems they can trace them.

It is the responsibility of the seller to choose a shipper who will get the item securely and promptly to the buyer. Which is why you ask for your money back. The seller can then go to the shipper and claim on the insurance.  Again this prompts action on the part of the shipper.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

How do you know it was stolen? How do you know it wasn't what DHL said, just lost?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

just file a case with paypal.. parcels do go missing don't accuse people unless you know just do what you have to to get your money back file a case ....

I had 21 buyers in the month of december say they didn't get there items... That is almost $400 in refunds.. I blame Canada post but have no prrof so I say nothing and just take the loss and thankfully none of the buyers called me a liar or a cheat and i gave them the same respect except for 1 ...

These things happen which is why paypal isa there to protect you

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

That is not the point this person got away with stealing my stuff so will very likely do it again ,

What "person"?  The one you "think", "likely" stole it?

If you have proof someone stole it, report it to the police.

Use the system to get your money back.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

773eidem
Community Member

My package did not disappear into thin air ,theft is not just the loss of property ,I will get my money back but we are all paying for that ,using the system is not free.They have to do something to deter theft or it will just get worse.Also now I will not buy on ebay and you can bet I will not be the only one if they do not get a handle on this.Buyers have rights to and shippers are well paid to protect our property!!!

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

Hello,

it sounds like your grievance is with the courier that lost the parcel and not ebay.  If you are getting your money back from the seller, and I'm assuming that you have gone that route, you can not hold ebay responsible.  They are only the venue for the sale not the courier.  It really is a buyer's market on ebay, sellers are at the mercy of negative feedback and low dsrs- which result in loss of status and discounts, and having to refund all missing and damaged items without being able to claim it from the post office because the post office has made the "attractive" shipping options so expensive that most of us are going back to lettermail just to get the sales.   Wow Brandeentertainment- that sounds like a whole shipment went missing.  One time I had a batch of items disappear all from the same shipping date and I called Canada Post and guess what....they found it.  Apparently there was a bag misplaced....we can only do our best and hope the buyers are at very least patient and understanding.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

My package did not disappear into thin air ,theft is not just the loss of property ,I will get my money back but we are all paying for that ,using the system is not free.They have to do something to deter theft or it will just get worse.Also now I will not buy on ebay and you can bet I will not be the only one if they do not get a handle on this.Buyers have rights to and shippers are well paid to protect our property!!!

Some people are better suited as Walmart shoppers.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

773eidem
Community Member

Some people just let things go,not fixing anything.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

We can all understand your frustration, however you have received some solid advice as how to proceed with your grievance.

Balls in your court now.

Killing time, had Recert Exam this morning, just wating for the call for my Safety Practicum.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Shipping theft

I get about 1 in 100 transactions not "received by customers".

I just suck up the cost and give the money back.

Well, 1 filed within 24 hrs. of me shipped "Not recieved" then escalated forcing me to give back the money but karma's gonna come back to that one.

Stuff goes missing & gets lost all the time - Not usually but it does happen.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply