Trying to buy

Is there a way to leave feed back for a seller who refuses to sell to a potential buyer? The seller says “ask all the questions because this is a no return auction”. So I ask some questions in regards to the country of origin and quality of the item, etc. He gets offended and tells me I’m not gonna like it, to many “variables for me” as the buyer etc. etc. I make him an offer based on where he purchased them from. He says he doesn’t take offers. There is an option for offers on the page.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Trying to buy

You can’t leave feedback unless there has been a transaction.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Trying to buy

because this is a no return auction”.

is a red flag that the seller is going to be difficult to deal with.

Sellers can refuse returns.

They can't refuse REFUNDS.

So "no returns" is a non-starter*.

But the basic idea is that the Seller has the right to refuse to deal with any customer (or nation, or entire continents) because if the sale goes wrong he can be out his money and his product.

Even a return for refund costs the seller more than just the original payment.

Many sellers have automatic Blocks on certain types of customers and those cannot even place a bid, never mind ask a question.

It also sounds like he did not adequately describe the item, so it is possible he was hiding something.

There will be another bus along in a minute.

*There are a few instances where no returns are a possibility. Very few.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Trying to buy

Thank you all for your inputs. Was just thinking that if there was a way of leaving a review for initial contact with a troubling individual, future potential buyers or sellers could get a heads up.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Trying to buy

@scothenderso_6 wrote:
 The seller says “ask all the questions because this is a no return auction”.

No return auction??That alone would have stopped many potential buyers in their tracks but I understand why you still pursued this seller, it must have been one heck of a deal.
You were lucky the sale didn't go through, any dealing with this seller is bound to be problematic.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply