Wrong item shipped and can't get refund.

I ordered a hard to find coolant temperature sender for a vintage motor. The image shown matched my needs exactly so I ordered. The packing slip has my order number on it at the heading and was filled by PartsGeek 5801 E 10th Ave Hialeah, FL 33013 and the shipping address: Wesley Moser, 1850 Airport Excg Blvd #200,  Erlanger, KY 41025.  Below this Wesley Moser name is the part description, but instead of describing the small temperature sender it  says, Qty 1  Edelmann 92430 Power Steering Pressure Line Hose. Part No EDL:92430. 

Not even close to what I ordered. This item came in a 12" x 16" x 6" carton and is completely useless to me. 

I mailed Partsgeek and Frank says all you need to print a return label is in the URL below. I click on that and a form opens with two boxes on it , one for my Zip code and one for my order number. No problem I think, and set about entering my Postal code, But the zip code box only takes numbers as in (US zip codes)  and not my Canadian postal code which is a mix of letters and numbers. I explain this issue to PartsGeek and 'Frank' says, no less than four times, that all I need to print a return label is at the URL below. 

I complained to Ebay and studied their guarnteed delivery assurance but instead of going after these fraudsters they tell me that my order was delivered and the case is closed.  So much for their guarantee. 

I have approached a local TV station that takes on consumer matters hoping to make the viewers aware

of Ebay and it's suppliers.  The pic below shows what I ordered and I got a steering gear hose and pipe. I Ebay says they won't refund my money. Be aware folks.

IMG_0946.JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

mcrlmn
Community Member

You don't need to phone PartsGeek or eBay.

A lot of grief, frustration, and wasted time.

All that matters is the listing you bought it from, item number, and that the item received is not as described.

And Frank is wrong...

The seller will provide a return shipping label and be responsible for the item's tracked return.

Whether the seller wants the item back or not, the seller will refund you.

You are not responsible for any costs to return the item.

Do not accept a replacement.

You want a full refund for the entire transaction.

That includes any shipping and handling costs you paid to receive the item.

Open a claim... Item not as described.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@rrmc-mc-iwieqggu0 

It sounds like an item not received claim was opened but since tracking shows you received an item, your claim was denied.  If you haven't done so already, you need to open a return request using the reason that 'wrong item was sent' or 'item not as decscribed.'  You can do that through your purchase history.  The seller is responsible for return shipping however, the ebay system does not automatically provide return labels as Frank suggested.  The seller will have to find a way to print a label for Canadian carrier or send you the money for a label.  You should mention this to the seller as some have no idea that the buyer cannot print a label on eBay.

If the seller accepts the return but does not provide you with money or a label, send a message to ebay customer service on Facebook as they are the most knowledgeable.

This part was sent through the gsp?  If so, do not use the Kentucky return address as that is just where they sent the part to be forwarded by the gsp.    Make sure that they give you their correct address to send the part back.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you paid with a credit card (via Paypal likely), then you should be able to file a chargeback with your bank. You can then let the seller know that you'd be happy to send his item back to him, but he needs to issue you a label, not a web address that doesn't work. He either wants it back and will magically figure it out, or he'll write it off. Either way, you'll get your money back.

As others have said though, you should be covered through eBay's guarantee.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Since he seems also to be unclear on the concept of "Canada is not a US state and does not use USPS zipcodes"  you could also helpfully send him this:
https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

so he can see how much he needs to pay for a Canada Post shipping label

and a connection to Shippo.com so that he can buy a Canada Post shipping label from the USA.

But he supplies the shipping label (or sends you the cost of return shipping). You do not pay for return shipping.

BTW, much of the naming you put into your original post will likely be removed by eBay eventually, since we can't name and shame even when deserved.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply