Hi there I just Bought an item that it doesn't fit

I was in a rush to buy it that overlooked the thread size

I did contact the seller a couple of days ago ,but no answer

now want to return the package

THAT WAS SHIPPED FROM  " MISSISSAGUA"  A LOCATION 45 KM from my house

Hamilton Ontario..

NOW.. the return address is in   "EL MONTE CALIFONIA"

and the shipping to this location  is more that the ITEM THAT I JUST BOUGHT

I feel that this is a rip off and eBay should kick in..

what can i do ????

thank for listening

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

different return address

When you look at the listing was the item location stated as California or Ontario?  If you are just going by the address on the package, it may have been shipped through the global shipping system from the US and Mississauga is the gsp depot, not where the seller originally sent the item from.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

different return address

Hi there, on the eBay says it ships from Mississauga, that's all not a proper address, and how am I supposed to know all this ?
There is not an address, when I wanted to return the item show that is located in California.....
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

different return address

What is the shipping address on your payment slip for this transaction?

If you made payment to the Buyer in the US and it had a US Shipped from address... you're on the hook to send it back to that address. You made the error when you purchased the item, the Seller is not required to accept the return & you're on the hook for the return shipping.

You return the item to the ship from the address on the payment slip.

if the ship from the address on the payment slip is a Canadian address then the Seller must provide you a Canadain address to return the item.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

different return address

@brettjet38 wrote:

You return the item to the ship from the address on the payment slip.

That is not quite accurate.

I buy stuff from a US seller that they ship to Canada from the USA, but if it needs to be returned they have it go to a Canadian address rather than directly back to them.

Buyer should check with a Seller before returning.

-..-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

different return address

"...on the eBay says it ships from Mississauga,"

It looks like you missed a word so I'm not sure whether you are saying that the ebay listing says that it ship from Mississauga. If the listing said that and you are the one paying for return shipping, then ebay only requires you to send it to the listing location.   I assume that you've opened a return request... since you don't have the Ontario address and the seller isn't replying you will have to contact ebay customer service. If you have Facebook or Twitter you can contact them there. If not, you will have to go to the help pages and there should be a contact by email link once you enter the problem that you are having.

https://facebook.com/ebay

https://twitter.com/askebay

Message 6 of 6
latest reply