eBay advertises SCAMMERS with discount ads!

I almost never buy on eBay anymore. Sure their buyer refund service is great and all, but the fact remains that I waste more time just getting refunded on items I NEVER GET than actually spending money for stuff I want delivered to me!

It must have been over 2 years since I last bought something on eBay.  When just the other day, I was looking for a yoga mat. Yes, a stupid yoga mat. It's Covid-19 days, I can't go to any sports store or Walmart, and all I wanted was a yoga mat.  Amazon?  Hmm... I dunno what lured me to give eBay a try, but somehow I loaded their webpage.

Search: yoga mat.

Oh wow... eBay themselves are promoting this 1 seller, giving me a 10% discount from this seller, a genuine YOGA MAT for $20 (original price: $30).  I buyout now, cause hey... if eBay themselves are sponsoring this seller and giving me $10 off, then it has to be legit... RIGHT???? RIIIIIIIGHT????????????????????? AMIRITE??????????????????????????????????

Weekend passes, I decide to check if the seller started shipping my yoga mat and what do I see? Some non-sense tracking# I recall seeing many years ago........................... yes..... it looks like a freaking CHINA POST TRACKING #!

OH GAWD FREAKING NO!  What the @#$%!??!?!

I check the seller's location and he's from China.  I review the shipping time and it says 15 to 46 business days. 

I can't believe it. I CANNOT FREAKING BELIEVE IT!  eBay Canada themselves were freaking SPONSERING A CHINESE SELLER!

Okay, so yeah whatever, maybe this guy is legit. I mean not call sellers from China at scammers, right?

2 weeks pass, my yoga mat is still not shipped.  I look at the sellers feedback and he went from 50 to freaking 30!  HUH?  20 NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IN 2 WEEKS???  Apparently this jerk is sending a jar filled with plastic beads instead of the actual item to his buyers. WOW!!!  It's at this point that I Just want a refund cause no way am I waiting another 36 business days just to get a refund cause this scammer send me a jar full of beads instead of a yoga mat.

I open a case with eBay customer support, asking them too at this seller's feedback and how his feedback is dropping like flies and what do I get?

" I understand that you want us to investigate the seller’s account because you have noticed that he is receiving negative Feedback about the item not arriving and wrong item being received. I definitely understand that you are worried for your own order. It is my lea sure to assist you on this.

The seller’s account is still in good standing and I cannot see any violation on hid account. The important thinmg that you need to do right now is to escalate the claim to us after 3 business days so that we can work and resolve it for you. This is especially that the item number isn’t showing any information and you haven’t received the item until now. When you escalate the case, make sure that you will put  in the message box that you did not receive the item."

LIKE COME ON!!! THIS FREAKING SELLER FROM CHINA JUST DROPPED FROM 50 FEEDBACK TO 20 IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!  HE'S AT 46% RATING!  AND YOU PEOPLE STILL WANT ME TO WAIT UNTIL I GET MY JAR OF BEADS JUST TO OPEN A TICKET SO I CAN GET A REFUND??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?  WHAT IS WRONG WITH EBAY???

BAN ALL YOU FREAKING SELLERS FROM CHINA!  I DESPISE YOU ALL!  THIS IS THE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN!  I'M NOT EVEN GONNA ASK FOR A REFUND WHEN I DON'T GET MY ITEM IN GAWD KNOWS HOW LONG FROM NOW!  I'M BOYCOTTING THIS GARBAGE SERVICE FOR LIFE!  I'M REPORTING THIS TO MY LOCAL NEWS!  I AM GONNA MAKE EBAY FREAKING SUFFER FOR THEIR INCOMPETENCE!  I HATE THIS COMPANY!  I HATE THIS SERVICE!  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!  KEEP MY $20!  EBAY IS TRASH!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Did the listing say that the location of the product was overseas?

How long was the delivery time given?

Were there multiple shipping services offered, some cheaper and slower, some more expensive but faster?

You don't have to go to eBay for recompense.

You can open a Dispute with Paypal from Payment and for 180 days.

If you do, your eBay Dispute will close and cannot be reopened.

You can open a chargeback with the credit card you back your PP account with. Card policies differ.

If you do, neither a Paypal nor an eBay dispute will be entertained.

Shipping from Asia, even at best, takes around 30 days in my experience. Longer these days with heavy online shopping and fewer planes, boats,and trucks available to move goods.

EBay does not use feedback to measure member accounts because very few transactions get any feedback and FB is an opinion.

The "violations" or Defects are a measure and sellers get them when a Dispute is opened and the seller does not settle it promptly.

It sounds to me as if your Chinese seller did ship promptly and with tracking and there is no way for her to speed that up. China Post has to get the item to Canada (most tracked items do travel by air, so there's that)  and then Canada Post has to get it to you.

I bought a book on AZ last month and my Prime membership meant it only took 27 days to arrive. From Missouri.  AZ talks a good game, but they don't always deliver.

You might enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpifHdo2ZE

Message 3 of 3
latest reply