eBay will not help me

I made a purchase just over a month ago now, I returned the item back to the seller without receiving it as the address was incorrect. Since then I have been in a battle to get a refund. I have contacted eBay help for a refund and am getting nowhere.  How can I get a refund if eBay is unwilling to intervene. I am really **bleep** off a eBay for not helping me. I don't understand why they won't. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay will not help me

Sorry but I'm not totally sure what happened.....You returned the item to the seller but they didn't receive it because the address they gave you was incorrect?   Is there tracking showing that the item could not be delivered to that address?  

Or are you saying that you didn't receive the item because the address wasn't correct?  Was it an old address or??

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay will not help me

You received your purchase.

You *returned it.

Was it tracked? Has it been received?

You contacted eBay help?

Who are eBay help? Do you mean you filed a Not As Described Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page?

Or did you phone and have a soothing chat with a minimum wage clerk who did not tell you to open a Dispute?

I'm betting the latter.*

Has more than 30 days passed since the item was Delivered to you?

If less than 30 days have passed, go to the Resolution Centre and open the formal Dispute.

Enter the tracking number as proof that the seller has the item back.

That should get your refund.

Do not agree to a replacement.

Do not close the Dispute until you have your refund.

If more than 30 days have passed since delivery, you are no longer covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

You are covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from Payment.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Again Not As Described, enter shipping label tracking number**.

If the tracking shows the item has been delivered (not shipped, delivered) you will be refunded.

If you paid directly with a credit card, go to the 1-800 number on the back of the card and ask the clerk about a chargeback. Because cards have a variety of policies, that's as much as I can tell you. But eBay processes most card payments through Paypal, so be prepared with that tracking number again.

*If you had opened a Dispute, the seller would have been instructed to send you return shipping.

**PP insists that the buyer pay for return shipping.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply